New cat.

We took in a friend that fell on hard times. She came with this and a black one. She was trying to find a home for this one but we are keeping her instead.LoL.

Attachments

• IMG_20231204_195740819.jpg
    IMG_20231204_195740819.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 201
I have a new cat living under my shed. I think she might have kittens under there. I’m torn because if I start feeding her/them, they stay. I have a seven pound Yorkie that won’t mix with a cat. A wise feral cat can literally ruin a dog.

We have two cats right now. For some years, we had three. The two we have now look related, almost twins, they are both calico. The younger one thinks she owns the house and does not like the other one, does not like other cats, animals or most humans. She tolerates our daughter (who doesn't live there) and my MIL.

The other one, 9-1/2 years old, I brought home before July 4th weekend in 2014. She was about 3-4 weeks old, found her at my old office crouched down on the top of a retaining wall whining. Took me and 3-4 others in the office nearly 7 hours to trap/grab her under some shrubs.

She was having some health issues last year, then we noticed what we thought were tremors. Took her to Auburn University's small animal hospital (Vet School) and they diagnosed her with an irregular heart rate/heart pauses/etc. Put a pacemaker in her on June 30 of this year. She wouldn't have live this long without it.

Funny how pets find us, and not the other way around. Give her lots of love.

That is defiantly true with cats.. I was always a dog guy, but had a kitten literally come into my yard by itself. All the shelters were full and I called the pound to come get it, when they called back my wife answered and they asked her "if the creature was contained?" She started crying and told them it wasn't a creature it was a kitten... lol. 5 years later its been a really good cat and I'm the cat favorite, and I don't even really like dogs anymore. They're to high maintenance.

That is defiantly true with cats.. I was always a dog guy, but had a kitten literally come into my yard by itself. All the shelters were full and I called the pound to come get it, when they called back my wife answered and they asked her "if the creature was contained?" She started crying and told them it wasn't a creature it was a kitten... lol. 5 years later its been a really good cat and I'm the cat favorite, and I don't even really like dogs anymore. They're to high maintenance.
We had a pair of wonderful rescue dogs, loved them immensely, grieved them deeply when they passed, and still miss them.

And yet, we're very much enjoying "the bad boys", the two farm kittens we adopted six years ago.

Both dogs and cats give back a lot, albeit in different ways.

Back