New car pricing Moderating... Deal to report, New Telluride MSRP +$4200

as Marlon Brando says in the apocalypse now "the horror, the horror"....imagine paying above MSRP...i will never need to be that desperate, you fools go right ahead...
This. The only reason the market is this way is because people agree to the terms then 95% of those individuals finance the 4200 above MSRP.

I just hope we don't have to bail out those who took foolish car loans next.
Oh we will, If enough people over extend themselves we all pay in increased prices first then we pay again when they default. Remember companies and banks never pay losses, taxes or fines they just pass them along to the rest of us in increased prices and lower interest on savings.

Just bought a 22 CRV for the wife. This is the EX-L model, 2WD. Got it for 33145. I guess after buying over 8 Honda's from the same dealer, they showed me some love. I had my vasoline jar out when they wrote down the price....because I was sweating the dealer markups that I've been reading about. Glad to say, didn't have to open the vasoline jar......
Good thing ya did. They’re going up over $4k for the 2023 year. But ouch EX-L 2wd for 33k. Prices are ridic. We got our EX-L AWD brand new for 29k in March 2019.

Anyone that would pay even sticker for freaking KIA is out of their mind.
You realize right now the resale for low miles Tellurides are near or at original MSRP...don't you? Seems like one of the better investments out there....

So basically the market disagrees with your statement.

Anyone that would pay even sticker for freaking KIA is out of their mind.
I would not touch it with a 6' pole!

latest q3 for Caravana and Carmax report steep loses on their cash balance sheets, so mainly used cars thus far

brand new cars are next

Kia replacement engine crates stored at a dealer in Cincinnati.
1q85petk24491.jpg

My local Subaru dealer is advertising MSRP minus $500 nowadays. They do have a modest amount of vehicles in stock; 25 currently when they would usually have 50-60. Better than this time last year when they had 4.

I have noticed that the offers from places like Vroom, Carvana and CarMax have dropped dramatically in the last 6 weeks...I've only seen a slight drop in used car prices at dealerships and on Craigslist and etc.

Bill

I have noticed that the offers from places like Vroom, Carvana and CarMax have dropped dramatically in the last 6 weeks...I've only seen a slight drop in used car prices at dealerships and on Craigslist and etc.

Bill
I have also not noticed a large drop in pricing, but the inventory I am watching has not moved either. At this point it is better to go new than slightly used. Those cars sitting will continue to depreciate.

Back