New Car- Luxury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Probably nothing about cars more subjective that seat fit. Example, the RAV forums were full of people hating the 2013-15 RAV seats, but my wife and I both found them fine even for 450 mile days.

Sounds like you're looking for what we called a floater, better put Caddies on your list. With your wide purchase price range you've got a lot of seats to try!

Yeah a floater- lol
I'm just tired of the stiff Euro suspensions.
For long drives that plus noise is a killer to me.
I guess I better dig up my 67 olds 98...….. lol

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: deven
OP, look into a 2018 Acura RLX Sports hybrid. Very quiet, smooth and gets excellent gas mileage. No wind noise at all. I drove from MA to MD and I did that drive straight 6 hours and change and my body was just fine after it. No aches or pains. Suffice to say I love this car.

I'm going to look that up now. I owned Acura's since 1986
You know the roads here then-thanks

Yes I do. The best part is that this car doesn't sell well for whatever reasons. It's MSRP'd at around $62,xxx but it can be had for around $50K.

OP, look into a 2018 Acura RLX Sports hybrid. Very quiet, smooth and gets excellent gas mileage. No wind noise at all. I drove from MA to MD and I did that drive straight 6 hours and change and my body was just fine after it. No aches or pains. Suffice to say I love this car.

Yes I do. The best part is that this car doesn't sell well for whatever reasons. It's MSRP'd at around $62,xxx but it can be had for around $50K.

Yes I had seen them at $62K just now. I thought that was pushing it a bit. but $50K seems fair.
What kind of MPG on I95. thanks!

Just for giggles
Anybody riding around in a 17-18 Impala?
Volvo S90- not reliable? T5 or t6
China- gives me pause
You Merc guys, are you buying certified cars?

Impala, sure why not? I've rented two for extended terms and both were exemplary in design and execution.
One was the V6 and the other a 4 cyl. Personally I'd stick with the V6. It's powerful and when paired with the 6+ speed transmission, it's a "smooth operator".
Volvo S90 eh...Regardless of how many turbo and superchargers you strap to the 4 cyl, it'll always at least SOUND like a 4 cyl.
if that doesn't bother you, then just make sure it has a good warranty and you dont' mind spending time at the service dept.

Have you also considered a V6 Passat?

Just for giggles
China- gives me pause

With the Impala you get GM's wonderful start stop feature.... Might better off go with the Chevy SS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Just for giggles
China- gives me pause

Impala, sure why not? I've rented two for extended terms and both were exemplary in design and execution.
One was the V6 and the other a 4 cyl. Personally I'd stick with the V6. It's powerful and when paired with the 6+ speed transmission, it's a "smooth operator".
Volvo S90 eh...Regardless of how many turbo and superchargers you strap to the 4 cyl, it'll always at least SOUND like a 4 cyl.
if that doesn't bother you, then just make sure it has a good warranty and you dont' mind spending time at the service dept.

Have you also considered a V6 Passat?

Thanks- yes a raucous 4 banger tends to be disturbing- lol
Yes the Passat falls into this realm. You think the VW has a better track record than Volvo?
I have no idea but you seem to know about both. I did consider an Atlas but the teething pains scared me off. Thanks!

Lincoln
smile.gif

Seat fit and comfort are SOooo subjective. What one person find great, is an abomination to the next.

Yeah, I get the "not Euro sporty ride thing ..." And I've had a LOT of Euro sporty cars.

Odd thing, one of the most comfortable road cars I ever had was a Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco. Recaro seats (not competition seat) are fine for long distances - like 10 and 12 hours
smile.gif

Last edited:
First decide what you want SUV? (large or small), AWD?, Sedan?

You are looking for a "vehicle" with comfortable seats, gets 20 mpg, and costs 25K to 75K. I would guess there are hundreds of vehicles that fit the bill. Unless you narrow it down you will spend the rest of your natural life looking.

I would highly recommend either a new Toyota Highlander or Lexus RX350 or RX350L. Both of these vehicles are very smooth, quiet, and have incredible front seats. The new 8 speeds will be somewhat un-Toyota with supposedly not so smooth shifts.
Another good choice would be the Audi Q7. The reliability is slowly getting better.

Just for giggles
China- gives me pause

Had mine for about 4 years now. Nothing certified, but that's because I have a good indy and I do minor things myself. If you're planning on taking it to the dealer, either a CPO or ELW is probably the way to go. The latest models seem to be way more reliable than the ones in the past.

Yes I had seen them at $62K just now. I thought that was pushing it a bit. but $50K seems fair.
What kind of MPG on I95. thanks!

Purely highway driving I get around 28mpg. Combined with city I get 30mpg. Purely city driving I get up to 34mpg.

Just for giggles

My sister has a '17 LT1 Impala with all the toys I guess. They really like it, I drove it a bit and found nothing not to like. The dash look is different, I think you'd either like it or hate it. If I were sedan shopping I'd take a look at the Malibu.

What about a used Tesla Model S? They are smooth, super quiet and have nice comfy seats plus tons of cool technology. If you buy a used one you get unlimited free charging at the Supercharging stations for life too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back