Mid-Sized SUV...w/Comfortable Seats?

Nissan has their "zero gravity" seats-

My suggestion is the Rogue.
With the rubber band, early failing CVT that can't make up its mind if it is CVT or has gears? Sorry, but "no" for me.

How about a 4Runner? Sime find the seats very comfortable and worth a test drive.

With the rubber band, early failing CVT that can't make up its mind if it is CVT or has gears? Sorry, but "no" for me.

How about a 4Runner? Sime find the seats very comfortable and worth a test drive.
The early models did have CVT issues that have long since been addressed...while the uber hard seats in the 4Runner continue. I could show you that the sales of the Rogue severely outnumber those of the 4Runner, but you can google that yourself.

They're OK, not great, but tolerable. However the T4R rides like a truck and will likely aggravate back issues.

Sounds like the OP/OP's wife will never be happy. One SUV will have great seats, but other things not so great. Another SUV might have the other stuff, but sub standard seats. Sorry, but there's not a one size fits all option. There has to be sacrifices somewhere, you can't have it all. Some people live in a virtual dreamland...

Nissan has their "zero gravity" seats-

My suggestion is the Rogue.
Agreed 1000%
Nissan has some of the best seats/interiors in the industry.
If you overlook them, you are seriously missing out

My aunt and uncle bought a Nissan Pathfinder this summer, with the intention of taking it on trips in the future. They both have had a lot of back and knee issues, so comfort was a major priority. So far they like it, though they haven't taken it on a longer trip yet. Even the Platinum doesn't have passenger lumbar though.

Back