New Borla exhaust for the Track Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exhaust still has that "new exhaust burning off the coating" smell. O and the driveshaft loops are pretty.

The new gearbox shifts 10 times better than the old one, no more having to feather the clutch to coax the car into 3rd. Also the reverse lockout mechanism broke on the way to work yesterday. On the MT-82 reverse is up next to 1st and you have to push down on the shifter to get it to move into reverse. I was at the light on the off-ramp, went to put it into first and instead went into reverse with no downward pressure.

Very nice. New exhausts are stinky.

Curious, is there any heat shield above where those two S bends come close? Whatever is above is otherwise going to get pretty warm there.

Sounds like you have a small teething problem on the reverse lockout, and you'll be good to go.

Enjoy the new music.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
Very nice. New exhausts are stinky.

Curious, is there any heat shield above where those two S bends come close? Whatever is above is otherwise going to get pretty warm there.

Sounds like you have a small teething problem on the reverse lockout, and you'll be good to go.

Enjoy the new music.

The reverse lockout problem was with the old gearbox. The new one is perfect.

Borla sends some heat wrap shield to put around the fuel and brake line sections that run near the exhaust.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I will try to get a video later. The tech installed the BMR driveshaft loops also, now I am legal if I ever go to a drag strip.

Love the "stealth" custom license plate!

Sounds clips please!! or a vid would be even better!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: rationull

Thanks!! Not many people get it.

I will make a video later, the exhaust is loud. I probably should have got the Stingers, but I am pleased. Lots of burbling and backfiring off throttle, very raspy, I love it.

Because most associate the car's name with the equine logo, and not the great WW2 fighter, but YES, GREAT plate!
thumbsup2.gif

They use DOM steel driveshafts on these??

Do the Boss 302s/LSes/GT500s use chromoly or alloy?

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Because most associate the car's name with the equine logo, and not the great WW2 fighter, but YES, GREAT plate!
thumbsup2.gif

They use DOM steel driveshafts on these??

Do the Boss 302s/LSes/GT500s use chromoly or alloy?

I had 98P51GT on my 98 Mustang GT, not many people got it either. One of the sales guys at my work came in and said "hey pretty lucky you got 14 and GT on your license plate, but what the heck is a P51?" smh..

The BOSS uses the same driveshaft my car does, same part number. The latest GT-500s have a carbon fibre driveshaft.

Looks nice. I would also like to hear a video of your exhaust. I finally uploaded a video I made of my exhaust setup.

You said you had to cut down the OTA pipes. Why did you have to do that? Did the tips stick out too far?

I know that Borla has two different part numbers for their Axle back mufflers. One for the 11-12 cars and one for the 13-14 cars. The 13-14 mufflers are slightly shorter than the earlier years. I'm not sure on their cat-back systems.

Wayne

The latest GT-500s have a carbon fiber driveshaft.

Are these available from FRPP for the Sino gearboxed models, or even as a factory option on the Laguna Seca?? (I take for granted that the 6060 in the GT500 is a different length than the others' MT82, correct?)

I have not seen them available from FRPP for the MT-82. The new one grinds third btw.

The Laguna Seca uses the same driveshaft as my car, same part number. The carbon fibre one for the GT-500 is around $1500.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The new one grinds third btw.

aaaaargh! I might get a bit excited by that...

It just did it the first couple times I drove it, now the noise and grinding are gone. This trans shift ever so much better than the old one. Not sure if it was the trans or the clutch hydraulic system that needed a good bleeding.

On a completely different note, my horn stopped working. I put in the FRPP brake cooling kit, but didn't run the hoses. The front bumper scoop is right in front of the horn and the low tone part shorted out when I washed the car. One step forward, two steps back.

Are you planning any post-break in fluid change on the new box?

Not a normal step, but with a Sino build . . .

When it first came out, they spec'd the Synthetic Manual fluid, the expensive pixie dust infused stuff from Germany. Now they spec the Dual Clutch fluid because it is thinner and prevents shifting issues when cold. Not sure what their definition of cold is, but I might try the Manual Trans fluid since "cold" is not allowed to happen here.

How cold can it get in Santa Barbara?

I kind of like the idea of pixie-dust-infused German juice to settle down a cranky Chinese gear box.

It would make the Elves proud. Very BITOGish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back