*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
With 6,700 on SSO, my mpg is down a tad. Not surprised though because I was using M1 0w-20 prior to SSO which is a lighter grade oil.
Even when lowering your mph from 90 to 65 ?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
With 6,700 on SSO, my mpg is down a tad. Not surprised though because I was using M1 0w-20 prior to SSO which is a lighter grade oil.
Even when lowering your mph from 90 to 65 ?

I'm back to 80 mph. I can't drive slower than 75 or it drives me nuts on the highway.

Originally Posted By: harry j
harry j ,I agree with you on the car payment.

Steve S,
How about those SUV owners with a gas payment that can exceed the monthly loan payment!
especially those who owe more than it is worth. Or bought them on a home refi. Or traded in their unpaid for car to buy a SUV with 6 year financing and are whining about it.

Hey, I told you not to talk about me anymore!!!
06.gif

I have ~7k on my SSO currently (using Honda OEM filter) and I'm gonna change it out this week and send a sample to Terry.

SSO and an EaO are going in. Don't want to try 10k+ intervals on the SSO using OEM filter. This UOA will be a good baseline I think, and depending on future samples I will keep the SSO/EaO combo as long as possible.

This engine sees a lot of high rpm, high load use. I'm worried about fuel dilution, so I'm speculating it won't last past 15k at the most. We'll see.

Originally Posted By: b15nut
Comparing the old TSO with the new SSO should be there any reason to worry about the new SSO's lower four ball wear test numbers?

NO

4 ball wear is not part of any API/ACEA testing.

Originally Posted By: televascular
I have ~7k on my SSO currently (using Honda OEM filter) and I'm gonna change it out this week and send a sample to Terry.

SSO and an EaO are going in. Don't want to try 10k+ intervals on the SSO using OEM filter. This UOA will be a good baseline I think, and depending on future samples I will keep the SSO/EaO combo as long as possible.

This engine sees a lot of high rpm, high load use. I'm worried about fuel dilution, so I'm speculating it won't last past 15k at the most. We'll see.

You are really going to love the SSO and EAO combination. According to a recent UOA in my '93 Civic, the ISO oil cleanliness code showed a 15/15/12, that's clean man. The SSO will virtually eliminate any startup noise, it provides along with the EAO, almost instant oil pressure.

I have 8,000 on SSO. Engine is no more quiet than any other oil. Gas mileage is the same and oil consumption the same. I've added 1 qt already.

I have no doubt it's a excellent oil but just not doing much for me in this particular car.

8%-14% price increase for Amsoil products starting Aug 1st.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I have 8,000 on SSO. Engine is no more quiet than any other oil. Gas mileage is the same and oil consumption the same. I've added 1 qt already.

I have no doubt it's a excellent oil but just not doing much for me in this particular car.
Some Amsoil users always seem to get better results than most.

I thought Amsoil was putting a 'fuel surcharge' on orders, INSTEAD of raising prices? Now they are doing BOTH?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I thought Amsoil was putting a 'fuel surcharge' on orders, INSTEAD of raising prices? Now they are doing BOTH?

The fuel surcharge will go away and will be replaced by the price hike.

Looks like I need to buy in bulk now. Or perhaps this is a short-term sales boosting tactic?
grin2.gif

I have never noticed a difference in startup noise with any of the oils I've tried in this engine. I'm investing a lot of money into SSO for the desirable traits of a 0-weight and the alleged über-long extended drain capacity.

I have, however, noticed a decrease in consumption. My unit typically eats half a quart in an OCI, but with SSO I lost only an eighth of a quart. Pretty impressive considering this is the only oil I've ever taken past 5k.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: addyguy

The fuel surcharge will go away and will be replaced by the price hike.

the way I read it it look like the surcharge was a band-aid so the could implement the price increase.

Now all we need is a wage increase of 8-14%.

Originally Posted By: harry j

Now all we need is a wage increase of 8-14%.
Or more!

I thought the surcharge was a good idea at the time. Printing up all those price lists and adjusting the accounting had to be a pain in the rear and costly to boot! I'm not happy with the price increase, but I hedged my purchasing before the surcharge so I would be covered for quite a while. As our dollar continues to become more feeble the cost of all goods are going to rise. I also am expecting our friends at the Fed to push a quarter point at the market to see how it reacts in the near future.

I just sent a SSO sample in to Blackstones for analysis. The gas smell was gone and the oil appeared cleaner. I went 10% further on this run than in previous intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back