New Amsoil SS 0w16

The French know something
Charles De Gaulle still rules there. His shadow figure can be seen nightly at Élysée Palace.

In looking at the Red Line 5w Racing Oil specs Buster provided, how do they race using 4.6 vis @100 oil?
Is 50% of what's in this quart jug additives? Those 2k/3k Phos / Zinc numbers - put in my Hyundai would probably create a meltdown of it's already soft metallurgy.

Charles De Gaulle still rules there. His shadow figure can be seen nightly at Élysée Palace.

In looking at the Red Line 5w Racing Oil specs Buster provided, how do they race using 4.6 vis @100 oil?
Is 50% of what's in this quart jug additives? Those 2k/3k Phos / Zinc numbers - put in my Hyundai would probably create a meltdown of it's already soft metallurgy.
The oil temp is between KV40 and KV100 and under load for < 10 sec. HTHS.? Must be in safe area of operation - pushing the hairy edge though.

Red Line Racing 0w5 (Noack 12%)

I think Dr. Haas did an experiment with this. I don't think the results looked so good, but I appreciate his experiment.

He is a thin oil pioneer, but it appears you can only go so much thin.

I am assuming in a drag race the oil temperature doesn't go very high.

I am looking forward to the UOAs of this Amsoil and what kind of extended OCIs you can run with it.

I think Dr. Haas did an experiment with this. I don't think the results looked so good, but I appreciate his experiment.

He is a thin oil pioneer, but it appears you can only go so much thin.

I am assuming in a drag race the oil temperature doesn't go very high.
Yeah he's extreme to the max. Often doesn't even make sense. This is also a racing oil and not for street use.

The French know something
Yes, ester chemistry. I have this theory that Infinium is either partnered with Motul, or they own Motul outright. However, other than some clues here and there, I have not found any concrete evidence to support this theory. If I find it, I will post it. They do make good, high quality products, that's for sure.

That dude knows zero about anything technical, he only hawks a brand.
triax.jpg

Back