New Aluminum Wheels Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives best prices on new aluminum wheels? I'm going to keep the steel wheels for my snow tires and get an aluminum wheel set for my all seasons.
15" by 6", 5 bolt 100mm, for 2004 Corolla.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RogerBacon
Try your local auto wrecker--you might be pleasantly surprised.
I checked Standard Auto Wreckers last night and was shocked to learn they had a 4 alarm blaze early Monday morning. I don't think they will reopen. Big loss.

I got Acura alloy wheels for my Honda Civic for about 20 bucks each at a pick n pull (automotive self serve recycling center).

Honda or Acura probably would fit Corolla too, but you could probably find Integra or Infinity wheels.

I have more faith in them than some kind of one size fits all wheel from a aftermarket maker.

I also bought a wheel from a big wheel re-manufacturer. They refurbish and refinish OEM wheels. About $50-75 each for the ones I wanted, but some were much higher. I think I found them on eBay.

Junkyard or craigslist/local equivalent to craigslist. You should be able to get a set of factory takeoffs for less than $40 each, easy. Maybe a bit more if the tires on them are good.

I got a brand new aluminum rim for my Accord at a junkyard. The rims out on the lot were all really scuffed up but the manager found a new one still in the box in the back room. Got a great deal on it, too.

Last edited:
If you think that the wheel is going to get harder to find years from now, buy two....it's why I got a set of FIVE and have a spare wheel as well as a spare tire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back