Never Get Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could eat whatever we wanted and never get fat. If that was the case, the only time I wouldn't be eating is when I was asleep.

That is me. I can eat anything without gaining any pound. I actually tried to avoid any low calories or low fat foods and eat only fatty foods such as full flavor ice cream, chicken skin ... but could not gain any pound.

I may gain 3-4 pounds on a 2 weeks vacation then lost it all within 3-4 weeks later.

I still can wear the pants I bought 25-30 years ago, I wear the same size jean now as I did 30 years ago.

Some people are just disgusting, and by this I mean they never gain weight regardless of what they eat. My brother can eat anything he wants and do no exercise and won't gain a pound. Not me Lol

When a coworker asked why I eat so much and never gain weight I told him I ingested some tapeworms. Haha.

Exercise is key. Top bodybuilders can ingest 8k+ calories a day and stay at 2% or less bodyfat.

If you want to keep eating what you eat, exercise.
If you want to get in shape without exercising, eat no more than 2000 calories/day.

Simple

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
That is me. I can eat anything without gaining any pound. I actually tried to avoid any low calories or low fat foods and eat only fatty foods such as full flavor ice cream, chicken skin ... but could not gain any pound.

I may gain 3-4 pounds on a 2 weeks vacation then lost it all within 3-4 weeks later.

I still can wear the pants I bought 25-30 years ago, I wear the same size jean now as I did 30 years ago.

+1 on that

I can eat as much as I want and whatever I want without gaining weight.
The only explanation I can come up with is that I'm hyper active and I always feel the need to get something done.

Fat doesn't make you fat, carbs contribute to fat by turning into sugar and your body then makes insulin (a fat storing component).

At least, that is how I understand the situation....

get up your lazy [censored] and walk?
get a dog love him/her and walk him everyday twice?

I dont see a reason why anybody will be fat, they are less than .1% of people with genetic problems but really Americans are fat because they drive cars, park in closest parking spot if it means waiting 10 minutes for someone get out, buy mcdonolds everyday, and sit on [censored] all day watch tv.

I am by no means skinny but I will never be more than chubby, I dont think its possible to get fat unles you sit on [censored] and watch tv, buy fast food for every meal, and drink coke instead of water WHILE your sitting on [censored].

My 68 year old mother goes to gym every morning at 5 am, goes to school to improove her english, cooks , cleans all day along and shes skinnier and younger looking than 90%+ of americans in their 50's. I have family members who are in their 40's and are 5 times heavier , bc they accept the american life style.

I dont mean to insult you, but if you accept the American lifestyle, they is no way live happily and healthy. thats the fact.

IF you have problem with your weight, change your diet, just walk , plain slow walking.
walk to the grocery store, my father does it and hes 74. He has no cain, no health problems, nothing. He marches and takes buses everyday. most cities have decent public transportation if you willing to wait ( another not american ideology).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
I dont see a reason why anybody will be fat, they are less than .1% of people with genetic problems but really Americans are fat because they drive cars, park in closest parking spot if it means waiting 10 minutes for someone get out, buy mcdonolds everyday, and sit on [censored] all day watch tv.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: Sonataman
Fat doesn't make you fat, carbs contribute to fat by turning into sugar and your body then makes insulin (a fat storing component).

At least, that is how I understand the situation....

No one thing makes you fat. The whole notion that "fat makes you fat" is a result of the 1980s health craze and it's absolutely false. "Carbs make you fat" is also false and you can thank the Atkins diet for that.

What makes you fat? Simple: consuming more calories than you expend. It's simple math: if you consume 3000 calories but only burn 2500, you will slowly put on weight.

The specific composition of those calories are largely irrelevant. There are articles published by the NIH and other credible sources in PubMed that have proved this for the last 20 years. You can still get to be overweight by eating high-carb, low-carb, high-fat, low-fat, high-protein, or low-protein diets. If anything, these fad diets that try to condemn an entire group of foods (like fats) are what make people fat, because it forces everyone to suddenly consume weird diets that are horribly unbalanced. It also starves your body of certain key nutrients, such as a monounsaturated fat that keep cholesterol in check. The body needs carbs, fat, and protein in a 50-30-20 ratio, approximately. Again, this has been proven repeatedly for several decades and isn't a big secret. Any nutritionist will explain this to you.

It really frustrates me that the majority of people don't understand the basic notion of calorie expenditure versus consumption, and instead are quick to latch onto the latest fad or miracle product. I partially blame schools for not teaching this in health classes, and ignorant people who don't stop to do a reality-check on fad diets.

I'm the exact opposite. I have to eat like a pig to keep my weight up. I'm glad,because I love to eat! Last night I had 2 ribeyes,a huge baked potato loaded with butter and cheese,followed with 2 bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal,a pint of Baskin Robbins choc fudge ice cream,some strawberries,some peanut butter,then a glass of oj.

But yeah,your body needs essential natural sugars,fats and oils. Fats and oils keep your skin and hair healthy. Eggs,real butter,coconut oil,and olive oil are supposed to be some of the best foods.

If I look at a cookie I gain weight, and I go the to gym and run 5-6 days a week just to maintain.

I got down to my ideal weight last summer but to do it I need to spend an hour a day at the gym, be doing a lot of physical work otherwise and I have to stop eating.

Last edited:
I can't gain weight even when I try. On one hand, it sucks because extra muscle is difficult to put on. On the other hand, I can eat what I want and I don't have to worry about keeping a close eye on my intake.

I find I have to eat a heck of a lot to gain weight above 225, but I also have to do alot of exercise and watch what I eat to get down to 200...
I should start training for something as its the only way I can make myself workout regularly.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

But yeah,your body needs essential natural sugars,fats and oils. Fats and oils keep your skin and hair healthy. Eggs,real butter,coconut oil,and olive oil are supposed to be some of the best foods.

Those are healthy foods because they are rich in mono and polyunsaturated fats. As for the secondary health benefits, those are always debated and revised.

It's hard to give up food, I just don't drink any sodas, I drink water as much as I can, calories on those soft drinks add up quick.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Exercise is key. Top bodybuilders can ingest 8k+ calories a day and stay at 2% or less bodyfat.

Professional stage racing cyclists as well.
wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Muscle burns calories. The brain burns calories. I have as bad a sweet tooth as anyone, but have been able to avoid being obese because I've maintained a good muscle mass, and I try to use it as much as possible. I haven't used it enough recently, between finishing my phd, baby, work, etc. But the math part of it is true, and then you just need to keep the metabolism up through the mass on your body being "hungry" to burn calories.

Much of the food we eat is junk, and everybody's body handles fat and carbs different. The key is to eat nutritiously, in a well balanced way, and understand the nuances that are specific to one's own body. It isn't easy...

I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever. Plus in college and in my 20s afterwards I was always on the go, biking around, doing stuff outside.

Then the 30s hit, I work at a desk 8hrs a day and commute sitting down for an hour more. Add in having vastly more disposable income (eating out vs. surviving on 20 lb bags of rice/beans) and it's a double whammy that's added 40 lbs to my heft!

I remember my "older" coworkers seeing me drink sodas at the office, and telling me my day would come. Glad I gave soda up in college, that'd be another 10lbs today I'm sure. Enjoy it while you can, I suppose
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back