How soon after waking up on work days do you actually leave home for work?

My post retirement schedule is greatly preferred to my work schedules. As I sit here recuperating from a hernia operation. I've stayed in bed 'til past 1PM. the last 2 days. I have the heat on and working for a living is the furthest thing from my mind. Right about now, 3PM Sunday afternoon, I would be heading home in preparation for the Monday AM get up

22 minutes, and that includes cooking an egg for the breakfast sandwich I eat at work.

I work second shift. And I get to work anywhere from 2:30-3:30 pm depending on whether we are busy or not. some days I sleep until 10am, some until 1 pm. I always procrastinate getting ready though, so I have an alarm set for 2:30 so that I can shower and be out the door by 2:50 if I'm caught up in a book or something. 3 is my "official" start time and it's an 16-18 minute commute.

Second shift is great. I deal with no traffic to or from work, I can get up early if errands or appointments or any other need arises like taking my lady to the doctor (unfortunately for her, we have a lot of those :( but at least I can help with them), and have 6 hours or so to do all of that in before I mosey in to work. I also am not a slave to a clock at work, so if one of her appointments means I can't get to work until 4:30, oh well.

I'd say 2 hours. Wake up, eat breakfast, take meds, get out 3 year old something for breakfast and dress him, shower and get changed, do devotions pack up and head out. 2 hours sounds like a lot of time but it sure flies by when in this context.

My goal is 2 hours, but most of the time it works out to be 1.5. I need to be on the road by 5:30.

Work is an unhealthy habit everyone struggles to quit.

Time now is,

1701641978130.jpg

Salem Clock Shop

Now retired.

But for 19+ years alarm set for 4:20am. Seldom did the alarm wake me up. Was already awake.

Start time was 6am. Usually arrived at work @ 5:30am. Cause I HATE being late. Despise it. Felt like I was always behind all day long - even if I wasn't.

When I was working I was up at 5:50 and out the door at 6:40 to be at work by 7. During that time I got dressed, had a breakfast of oatmeal and a mug of coffee and occasionally toast. I would set everything in place the night before so I wasn't fumbling with stuff. Had the coffee maker on automatic so I had a fresh cup as soon as I entered the kitchen.

I work remotely. I get up when Molly wants to go out. She gets up at first light. I walk upstairs to my office by 8:00. I read email and news on my phone before work. And of course check BITOG.

Back