neighbor vandalized my floodlight, my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andrewg

Nobody knows what would have happened.

It could have been a disaster. The OP could have been rudely insulted at the least....or attacked at worst.

Then how many pages? Fifty?

You just never know with strange people.

The best point, that so many people here do not comprehend, or simply REFUSE to accept. I am certain that many posting here have never truly experienced unstable and potentially dangerous persons, which can be your neighbors, co-workers, or just acquaintances....they can be very unpredictable, I have learned through experience to let law enforcement professionals deal with anyone I perceive as such. The results I have had prove me correct.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why are so many BITOG members chicken to talk to neighbor ?

Bawk... bawk... bawk... bawk.... (chicken running away and flapping wings)

why talk to a creep? He's a known trespasser and vandalized my property. I don't get it. This isn't 1950 anymore when people brings baked cookies over to welcome their new neighbors
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I don't get it. This isn't 1950 anymore when people brings baked cookies over to welcome their new neighbors
grin.gif

Clearly, we have stopped progressing as people.

why talk to a creep? He's a known trespasser and vandalized my property. I don't get it. This isn't 1950 anymore when people brings baked cookies over to welcome their new neighbors
grin.gif

As a matter of fact, one of my Neighbors brought some Cookies over last Saturday. Uhhmm, Oatmeal Raisin.
grin.gif

But, having friends in law enforcement, I also know that there are unstable crackpots out there. Just based on his actions, your neighbor is clearly a crackpot.

There still is the large assumption that the lights are the problem, it might not be the case. Everyone here is assuming the lights are what is motivating the neighbors behavior. He might just be nuts and the lights have nothing to do with it.
Its possible there is more to the story than cutehumor is giving us. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

1 broken light
2 doorbell rung multiple times
3 broken watering pot
4 neighbor watching from behind bushes.

Not enough data to conclude this is about lights.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why are so many BITOG members chicken to talk to neighbor ?

Bawk... bawk... bawk... bawk.... (chicken running away and flapping wings)

grin.gif

Don't tell my neighbor's that, the 'Andrews' brought over a loaf of fresh baked bread yesterday.
I guess it's my fault for SPEAKING to them
33.gif

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

The best point, that so many people here do not comprehend, or simply REFUSE to accept. I am certain that many posting here have never truly experienced unstable and potentially dangerous persons, which can be your neighbors, co-workers, or just acquaintances....they can be very unpredictable, I have learned through experience to let law enforcement professionals deal with anyone I perceive as such. The results I have had prove me correct.

I've lived next door to some pretty unstable people - here's a few snip-its from the wildest one after looking back at it all.

One neighbor was washing his new car one day, and his dog jumped up on the door and scratched it. He went inside, got his automatic pistol and was going to smoke his dog right in his front yard, broad daylight while I was in my front yard watching this all unfold. The gun mis-fired, he cooled down and the dog wasn't smoked. But later down the road he took the dog out into the woods and smoked him.

Then this same guy ended up pumping 5 or 6 12 ga shells into a guy that had a cabin up in the mountains near his dad's cabin ... then blew his own head off with the shotgun out in the woods. By the time they found him, he was 1/2 decomposed and eating by animals. After talking to his widow about the whole thing, she said the police mentioned that he must have really been super POed by the overkill he did on his murder victim. There was also evidence that he was planning to burn the guys cabin down too (he had full gas cans in his truck), but he didn't follow through - he probably figured his dad's cabin would burn down too if the whole forest caught on fire. Yeah, I lived next to this guy for 10+ years, and knew he was a bit on the edge. Good thing he was more a friend than an enemy.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I've lived next door to some pretty unstable people - here's a few snip-its from the wildest one after looking back at it all.

One neighbor was washing his new car one day, and his dog jumped up on the door and scratched it. He went inside, got his automatic pistol and was going to smoke his dog right in his front yard, broad daylight while I was in my front yard watching this all unfold. The gun mis-fired, he cooled down and the dog wasn't smoked. But later down the road he took the dog out into the woods and smoked him.

Then this same guy ended up pumping 5 or 6 12 ga shells into a guy that had a cabin up in the mountains near his dad's cabin ... then blew his own head off with the shotgun out in the woods. By the time they found him, he was 1/2 decomposed and eating by animals. After talking to his widow about the whole thing, she said the police mentioned that he must have really been super POed by the overkill he did on his murder victim. There was also evidence that he was planning to burn the guys cabin down too (he had full gas cans in his truck), but he didn't follow through - he probably figured his dad's cabin would burn down too if the whole forest caught on fire. Yeah, I lived next to this guy for 10+ years, and knew he was a bit on the edge. Good thing he was more a friend than an enemy.
eek.gif

Yikes!!!!

(chicken running away and flapping wings)

[/quote]

grin.gif
[/quote]

Do you have some evidence he actually vandalized your property? If you are sure he trespassed it it certainly worth asking him if there was something he lost in your yard, whatever.

If this guy is that bad you want to know so you can get a handle on it. But I would not accuse him or confront him, just ask him. If you are not especially personable, maybe ask someone who is to go along ( wife, friend). Just to see what is up. Maybe he will spill it, maybe not but you might at least understand his angle a little better.

There are other possibilities as to what is happening. Maybe his kids were ringing your doorbell and he got wind of it and you caught him chasing one of them off. Maybe something else happened to your watering pot and it blew down to his place and he was just returning it.

You are essentially blind as to what has happened so you can't do much until you get more facts.

datech:

If you read the entire thread the OP actually hears the door bell and then sees the neighbor running away from the door.

It'd be AWESOME if you could have some sort've wire or rope that would raise in front of him that would make him totally wipe out as he's running away haha!! Man if you could get that on video,I'd pay to watch that!!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
datech:

If you read the entire thread the OP actually hears the door bell and then sees the neighbor running away from the door.

It'd be AWESOME if you could have some sort've wire or rope that would raise in front of him that would make him totally wipe out as he's running away haha!! Man if you could get that on video,I'd pay to watch that!!

he already has that.the trip wires that trigger the claymores.
the entertainment is back !

datech:

And that is NOT proof.

That is the point the OP should have talked to him, to see why he was there.

My neighbor brings the latest bacon he's smoked on his smoker.

Now that's a neighbor!

Originally Posted By: 02SE

grin.gif

As a matter of fact, one of my Neighbors brought some Cookies over last Saturday. Uhhmm, Oatmeal Raisin.
grin.gif

But, having friends in law enforcement, I also know that there are unstable crackpots out there. Just based on his actions, your neighbor is clearly a crackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back