neighbor vandalized my floodlight, my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Funny thing,I was just thinking about this thread!

Yep me too, I want to know the what the outcome was, but it is true that things like this simmering skirmish can last for years going on at about the same level.

If I was the innocent party as the OP claims I would NEVER move out.
Because I have the feeling that the nutcase neighbor has that as his goal. I've had that situation and outlasted my enemy in one location, then after he moved out and came back one last time I made sure to tell him I was moving too. The look of hatred was priceless.
thankyou2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
happy2.gif

I was thinking about the hanging monkey speakers last week. Lol

I am betting OP's neighbor is our beloved Merk.

I just read this whole thread. And for once I am speechless. A simple knock on the door and face to face conversation, "Hi, neighbor. Are my lights too bright for ya?" Their is a lot of passive aggressiveness on both parties. At this point, the escalation has begun and talking to him could make things much worse. I'm not sure calling the police would help because many times police are not interested in neighbor feuds.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
I just read this whole thread. And for once I am speechless. A simple knock on the door and face to face conversation, "Hi, neighbor. Are my lights too bright for ya?" Their is a lot of passive aggressiveness on both parties. At this point, the escalation has begun and talking to him could make things much worse. I'm not sure calling the police would help because many times police are not interested in neighbor feuds.

The OP doesn't want to talk to the guy.

The conversation should have been the first action, in my opinion. This has now been going on for such a long time that I don't know if that's even an option. If it is possible though I think that it would be best because all of this is just going nowhere.

Wow that hurt my brain. I have no comment on this situation, but I want you all to extrapolate on this...Now you know why countries blow each other up and have hefty defense budgets.

I am lucky I have awesome neighbors. We talk and BBQ often.

Carry on.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
The conversation should have been the first action, in my opinion. This has now been going on for such a long time that I don't know if that's even an option. If it is possible though I think that it would be best because all of this is just going nowhere.

The neighbor committed aggressive actions to begin with, which included
vandalism, destruction of private property, criminal trespass, and harassment.

Why in the world should the OP make an effort to be civil, when there is a significant possibility that if he dared set foot on the threatening subjects property it could be trespass? The subject could have the right to use force and injure the OP.
NO WAY should OP set foot there nor, engage him in any way.

Last edited:

+1

Be nice until it's time not to.

GiveMeAVowel said:

Those are very minor crimes. I'm not sure if the police would of helped much.

GiveMeAVowel said:

Those are very minor crimes. I'm not sure if the police would of helped much.

In any case the OP should NOT EVER attempt to engage that subject because he has shown that he is hostile. If the subject is
unstable or just a plain bad apple an attempt to engage him could be interpreted as a hostile action which would just make the situation worse.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Set one of these up!
wink.gif

pjaukiidffvo4uk9n8xd.jpg

That would be a riot, imagine that also in a homeowners association.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back