neighbor vandalized my floodlight, my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

sorry, I'm not putting up motion sensor for one side. if he asked, I would have said no motion detector. I've already used lower wattage and re-aimed them.

Thing is I bet if the guy would have stopped by and politely asked you to work with him, I'm sure you could have worked it out perfectly.
He made his own bed, especially when he committed numerous crimes numerous times..

Originally Posted By: 97K15004WD
Any updates?

Funny thing,I was just wondering about this myself as soon as I clicked on BITOG just now :^)

Had some friends in a church SS class who had long term issues with the next door neighbor related to construction of a retaining wall. Neighbor was an attorney. Knew how to game the system to drag things out and make them as inconvenient as possible. Local authorities more or less said neighbor was a whack job with some sort of ax to grind. Still caused a lot of headache and expense and borderline violent response.

Moral: Who is right and who is wrong is irrelevant. This should not be a life altering issue. Do what you need to do to resolve it and wash your hands of it as soon as possible, or move.

I have an update for you guys.
grin.gif

so I'm in my backyard and trimming tree branches today. I am on the side of the fence boarding this neighbor. I see some lifesize fake chimps in his trees with some kind of speaker in each of their hand. I was checking to see if he had cameras in these fake chimps, I couldn't tell. anyone know anything about these fake chimps? He has three of them in one tree in the back of the yard looking over my fence. There is a peep hole cut out at the top of the fence too. the peephole was not there before! the fence is 6 foot tall, just about right for an eye to peek through.

[img:center][/img]

on other news, the neighbor across from him has parked his truck and trailer in front of his house for the past five days.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
The peep hole looks to be a wood knot that he just pushed out?

The chimps are odd. Id walk over to the fence (assuming you wouldnt be tresspassing) and take a closer peak at them.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Had some friends in a church SS class who had long term issues with the next door neighbor related to construction of a retaining wall. Neighbor was an attorney. Knew how to game the system to drag things out and make them as inconvenient as possible. Local authorities more or less said neighbor was a whack job with some sort of ax to grind. Still caused a lot of headache and expense and borderline violent response.

Moral: Who is right and who is wrong is irrelevant. This should not be a life altering issue. Do what you need to do to resolve it and wash your hands of it as soon as possible, or move.

Last edited:
This is starting to make me think about the song "What's He Building in There" by Tom Waits. I would embed the Youtube link, but it has a mildly salty word at the very start.

Does the neighbor have kids or grandkids? Maybe he is trying to start a conversation? ("Hey neighbor, those are some good looking chimps in your tree. Where'd you get them?" or "I saw Jane Goodall on TV last night. I really admire her work.")

Perhaps the floodlights have tipped him into full-blown derangement? On the positive side, maybe he will forget about you and go to war with the truck and trailer.

Just scanning this thread, if the neighbor is behaving himself I would not do ANYTHING that could appear as instigation. The chimps are bizarre IMO as are the speakers in their hands but why not just let sleeping chimps lie. LOL

You should get a couple of those HUGE air-raid sized pa horns,install them in your trees,aimed right at his house. As soon as he sees those,I bet he'll be like,"What the [censored]??"

Since we are apparently witnessing the Benny Hill stage of this drama, and...

To keep things amusing....

Hire a group of masked tweens from a few towns over to ring his door bell, and when he opens it, they pelt him with a couple dozen bananas.

Be sure to re aim your video cameras to capture it.

Edit and add Benny Hill theme song.

Win America's funniest home videos.

Any update? Did the fake monkeys in the neighbor's trees turn out to be robotic guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back