Need Recommendations for 12' F150 with ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tothemax
Originally Posted By: NO2
I looked and my local ford dealership does offer the 30 "works" package.

I may do this. It would be nice if they kept up with that deal and it wasnt just a once time offering.

They were offering the same deal last summer too. Their rewards program is called 'Owner Advantage' and you can join online if you aren't already enrolled. Most dealers even wash your car as part of the oil change, and rarely leave grease in your interior.

Ill look into it, thanks.

I went to the owner advantage website and tried to look up the dealership in my area. Apparently they are not participating in the program. Bummer

Originally Posted By: Dually
If it were my truck I would use Valvoline Synpower

Dually, what is your reasoning? Thanks

I have an Ecoboost. I am concerned about the fuel dilution. If someone has a reason to recommend an oil that might help, I would like to hear about it.

I will have to keep this as a cut and paste for the majority of threads on here. Sometimes people just want to jaw about their car...

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Why does this thread keep going and going and going? Is the [arbitrary car/engine named in the beginning of the thread] really that hard to lubricate?

My '13 Ecoboost has Schaeffers Supreme 7000 5w-30 in it and get's changed every 5k miles. Why? cause it's easier for me to track my vehicles and motorcycle every 5k..:)

I had an '11 Ecoboost changed every 5k and never had any oil related issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hib_Halverson
Trust what people here are saying about short trips. You can't use a 10,000-mi drain interval if the majority of the duty is short trips.

And the IOLM in the truck should account for that. If you do short trips, it should be yelling to change it way sooner. At least according to Ford's FAQ on it.

I looked and my local ford dealership does offer the 30 "works" package.

I may do this. It would be nice if they kept up with that deal and it wasnt just a once time offering.

Seems to be at my dealer whenever I go in for an oil change I end up with The Works for $30 or so. Seems to be a fair price since on the Taurus the tires need to be rotated every 7k and they do that. Which is good as I got 52k out of the OEM tires on it and IMHO that's great and attributable to the rotations.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Why does this thread keep going and going and going? Is the Ecoboost really that hard to lubricate?

Not if you do relatively long trips and change according to the IOLM with a good oil. Been doing that on the SHO for the past 72k and no issues. My normal commute is 35 miles 1 way, mostly highway so it gets up to temp and stays there. Oil doesn't smell of gas and the dealer swaps it out when the OLM says it's time. I believe on that it's 7.5k.

On the F150 it had an oil change in December when the dealer got it as a trade. Service records indicate they changed it roughly every 3-5k. I've put close to 3k on it since I got it in Jan. tend to do the same with it as the Taurus when I take it to work. Oil cap has the normal "schmutz" on it and the oil has a hint of gas. I attribute that to the short trips while at the dealer and some of my short trips in the insane cold this winter. IOLM was down to 70% last I checked. Plan on a Pennzoil Ultimate and MC filter shortly on it since I have no idea what the dealer used other than a cheap NAPA filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back