Need legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Really? After all that chest thumping and angst you're going to let the most important item go unreturned? I guess. At least your man-boy can hang out in the barracks and play video games instead of working on accelerated promotions and advancing his professional career. You must feel comforted knowing he's preparing to go to the Sandbox by being glued to the television. Priorities at it's finest.

wow! Even if I had felt similarly, I would have hold my tongue. And I feel lot of sympathy towards OP and I am a father of similarly aged sons and I can understand his rational for getting involved. What you said here only reflects on you and not on OP or his son :-(

Originally Posted By: stockrex
stockrex said:
spasm3 said:
I would call and leave a message thanking them for the items received and indicate the strong box is missing and request it.
Follow-up with a letter with the same pls.

Did that very thing, (minus the letter part). Called and told them thanks for the items and all was in good order minus the strong box and could we somehow get together on this and bring this episode to a close. That was Sunday night - still waiting for a reply from anyone.

One thing about being a farmer, early on, you learn patience.

Originally Posted By: stockrex

I would call and leave a message thanking them for the items received and indicate the strong box is missing and request it.
Follow-up with a letter with the same pls.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Final update:

So it seems this little drama comes to a close - unless they decide to patch things up and get back together - egads!!!!

Is she gullible enough for him to patch it up long enough to get his stuff back? He He He

The fact that they didn't return the strong-box shows their intent clearer than day - they have probably already cleaned out his bank account, and maxed his CC, taken out loans in his name...or worse.

Now it is theft. I'd involve the police.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy

After they broke up, he called me and asked me to ride over there and get his stuff which includes, clothes, "X" box, his "strong box" which contains all his banking and financial information, (check books, bank books, SSI information, etc.). I told him I would. Any ideas on what I can do to make this happen?

Yes, have your son consult an attorney. However, she may claim that she is his common law wife and seek alimony. OR just put a fraud alert on his credit file for 90 days at Experian. It is free. Then have him get a Life-Lock account for a few years so she can't steal his identity and then make sure he never speaks to her again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back