NC Goverment Procurement Document: "Royal Purple 5W30 has Group III"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepper32: "There are two oil jobbers in town that carry Chevron products. Check your yellow pages."

What a maahvelous friggin' idea!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

As a matter of fact I did just that (looked under "oil") and found that this area has a Chevron distributor in Glenmont ... not to far from where my brother lives.
grin.gif

Walmart and all the creepy effin' Walmartians which inhabit those dumpy places can KISS MY @$$!!
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Of course, I'm all stocked up on Schaeffer blend at the moment.
wink.gif
Maybe Chevron 100% synthetic next winter.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

'dude: "I see someone agrees with me... the only downside to running Chevron oil is having to walk into Walmart and buy it!"

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

Just had it comfirmed by RP

RP street oils contains mostly PAO, with a small percentage di-ester and mineral oil as carriers.

So that would make RP Group IV & V & mineral oil( not sure which)

So it is not a group III.

CRW

[ October 30, 2003, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Christopher R. Wise ]

RP is only a PAO, the only other oil it contains is for the API packaging, which has BAse II in it.
Royal Purple's Synerlec is no base III oil.
Royal Purple's racing oils are only PAO and Synerlec, i know this why?
Cause i work mfor em...
itschy.gif

Achilles:

I didn't realize RP was in Africa.
Whereabouts? I made some friends in college from Kenya.
Are you in research? Advertising? Manufacturing?

RP is a boutique oil, IMO. Boutique oils, unlike the big oil companies, should have no problem mentioning their basestock types or groups.
I hear that Amsoil likes to use PAO. Redline likes to use esters. Neo likes to use diesters. Mobil1 likes to use PAO and alkylated whatevers. Torco likes to use group4 and group5 oils.........
But, I just can't find RP mentioning what there basestocks are on THEIR websites, info sheets, or MSDS's. RP can probably gain more users if they were upfront. All they ever mention is "synthetic synerlec". So, the additive is synthetic
rolleyes.gif

Does RoyalPurple mention PAO/ester/diester/group 4/group 5/... ANYWHERE in there website concerning there motor oils? their race oils?
If so, PM or post the link!
I need just a little more info then "synthetic additives in an iso-paraffinic diluent".

quote:

...iso-paraffinic diluent...

Many additives are processed such that when they flow from the processor's reactor, they are highly concentrated. So the additives are mixed with high-grade Group I, II or III paraffinic oils and some dispersants for solubility, mixability or the correct term that we call "miscibility" in lubes.

This decreases their ppm concentrations and allows for so many mL/L (or volumetric percentages) to be added to the final mix of base oils.

Most likely their base oils are combinations of Group IV and V oils.

Most of SF's additives are "esterified additives"
meaning they are additive concentrations that are part of the ester molecule; this is done in a reaction vessel in which the additive compound becomes part of the ester's molecular chain. This is done to make the additive soluble in both mineral oil and synthetic base oils.

I have never seen an esterified additive separate from the base oil or cause cloudiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back