3. Tyler REddick
4. Ryan Blaney
5. Kurt Busch
6. Kevin Harvick
7. Kyle Busch
8. Joey Logano
9. Daniel Suarez
10. Chris Buescher
I was impressed with how clean the top three raced one another. Could have easily been a demo derby. Gonna have to watch these fellas.

Late to the party. Watched it after the fact. I think the Next Gen cars are fantastic. I've seen them up close and posted closeup pictures in another thread. Very impressive race car engineering and construction. I think the Next Gen cars are going to shatter records on the road courses. Love the in car shots and the gear whine of that Xtrac transaxle. Sounds exotic.

Having been to two races so far this year, the cars look good, very good. And today a Phoenix, three drivers without Cup wins going for it. And all three of those young guys were likable. I had my favorite, but wasn't going to be disappointed so long as it was one of them. If you enjoy racing it was a nice way to relax and watch a first time winner have his day.

Nice,

Scott

I think the Next Gen cars are going to shatter records on the road courses.
I forget the exact numbers, but when testing last year at the Charlotte ROVAL the new cars were 3-4 seconds a lap faster than the pole time the weekend before.

Something I noticed on the in-car shots was tire howling like when you push a non performance tire past its limits in a corner. Made me wonder if they were relying on the extra grip from the wider tires to make up for a lack of setup notes.

Back