COTA

Haven't seen any nascar race threads the last few weeks. Anyone watching the cup race at COTA this afternoon? AJ Allmandinger put on a great drive yesterday in the Xfinity race.

Haven't seen any nascar race threads the last few weeks. Anyone watching the cup race at COTA this afternoon? AJ Allmandinger put on a great drive yesterday in the Xfinity race.
We're in @Kennedy01

Haven't heard many neigh sayers of Nascar this year. "Nascars done" type stuff. Hasn't almost every race been sold out this year? Along with pretty darn good numbers on the TV.

Looking forward to this race. Great track! I just saw that Jordon Taylor is starting 4th in the 9 car. He seems to have picked up driving a cup car pretty quickly.

We're in @Kennedy01

Haven't heard many neigh sayers of Nascar this year. "Nascars done" type stuff. Hasn't almost every race been sold out this year? Along with pretty darn good numbers on the TV.

Looking forward to this race. Great track! I just saw that Jordon Taylor is starting 4th in the 9 car. He seems to have picked up driving a cup car pretty quickly.
I don't know about the numbers, I don't keep up with that stuff. I just like to watch racing. Looking for strong performances out of Busch, Chastain, Byron and Allmandinger today. They all ran strong in their respective Xfinity and truck races yesterday.

We're in @Kennedy01

Not sure about Nascar, but the first 2 NHRA events have been sold out. The Gator Nationals was a good show from a tv perspective.

Just my $0.02

This is surely an absolute clown show at COTA with this GWC thing. Yay, turn 1!

First NASCAR race I've watched since Pocono last year, I will go back to that.

Mike B

Last edited:
This is surely an absolute clown show at COTA with this GWC thing. Yay, turn 1!

First NASCAR I've watched since Pocono last year, I will go back to that.

Mike B
I don't mind one attempt, but after that call the race.

Congratulations to Reddick. He clearly was class of the field today.

I don't mind one attempt, but after that call the race.

Congratulations to Reddick. He clearly was class of the field today.
No kidding. I was there for the race and for the most part not a bad day. Sat in upper grandstands for turn 15 so could see back straight and the tight bits afterwards. Threw a couple of "debris" cautions for turn 15 to just bunch the field up. Literally nothing on the track and the jet blowers just rode around as usual. We ended up leaving for the third GWC because it was just a wreck fest and not racing. At least we beat the crowd out and were back downtown in 15 min. Reddick definitely had their number this weekend..

No kidding. I was there for the race and for the most part not a bad day. Sat in upper grandstands for turn 15 so could see back straight and the tight bits afterwards. Threw a couple of "debris" cautions for turn 15 to just bunch the field up. Literally nothing on the track and the jet blowers just rode around as usual. We ended up leaving for the third GWC because it was just a wreck fest and not racing. At least we beat the crowd out and were back downtown in 15 min. Reddick definitely had their number this weekend..
I honestly think COTA is a terrible track for stock car racing. Turn 1 on a restart is a joke. Just like turn 1 at Charlotte roval. The tried and true Watkins glen is about perfect for stock car road racing. That and gone but not forgotten Riverside.

I was at the race, it’s a great facility and would recommend anyone to check it out if they’re into that sort of things. That being said, when I sat in the grandstand and saw turn one, I knew instantly it was going to be crash heavy.

H
I was at the race, it’s a great facility and would recommend anyone to check it out if they’re into that sort of things. That being said, when I sat in the grandstand and saw turn one, I knew instantly it was going to be crash heavy.
How much were tickets, if you don't mind me asking

How packed was the bar on level 2? When I was there 10 years ago for V8 Supercars it was a packed bar.

Sorry if I offend Nascar fans, but I’ve read a few articles stating that both F1 former world champions (Kimi and Jenson) got “schooled” by the good o’l boys. Best COTA lap times for Nascar are in the mid 2:12’s while an F1 Ferrari did a 1:36.2 (for the record,Indycar is in the high 1:48’s.) Nascar is continuing to define itself as the racing equivalent of WWE wrestling - it kind of looks the same but is merely an over hyped spectacle which is designed to keep the (limited) attention span of the audience focused on those oversized logos decorating the surfaces of those so-called Fords, Chevys and Toyotas. Such a joke.

Back