Busch Clash

Truex Jr takes the win in the 2023 Busch Clash. Kyle Busch back from the back to finish third, preece back from the back to take 7th. Good race! 🏁

Truex Jr takes the win in the 2023 Busch Clash. Kyle Busch back from the back to finish third, preece back from the back to take 7th. Good race! 🏁

Couldn't have said it better Mr. Kennedy!

But as gman mentioned, it was a bit of a mess between laps 110 thru 140. 🙃

Pretty happy for Marty. 2022 was a boat wreck for him. Was crazy news about his break with Sherry. Hard to guess how that went south, but it's none of my business . Best wishes for them both.

Bring on the nonsense of "plate racing " at Daytona!

Guys, I'm not a fan of the hip hop stuff either, but that's what the mute button is for. It was a bit aggravating when they couldn't get the race going for more than two green laps, but that's just part of it. Short track racing is bumping, spinning and lots of contact. If you don't like it, don't watch it, and don't bother stopping by here to let everyone know how much you don't like it.

Couldn't have said it better Mr. Kennedy!

But as gman mentioned, it was a bit of a mess between laps 110 thru 140. 🙃

Pretty happy for Marty. 2022 was a boat wreck for him. Was crazy news about his break with Sherry. Hard to guess how that went south, but it's none of my business . Best wishes for them both.

Bring on the nonsense of "plate racing " at Daytona!
I wasn't aware they'd split. That's too bad, I know they'd been through a lot together. I was glad to see truex run so well. Last year was out of form for him, but every driver has a slump season. I was impressed with Ryan Preece being able to pass and hold his own on the outside. Also looks like Rowdy will be putting that 8 car in contention to win this season.

Guys, I'm not a fan of the hip hop stuff either, but that's what the mute button is for. It was a bit aggravating when they couldn't get the race going for more than two green laps, but that's just part of it. Short track racing is bumping, spinning and lots of contact. If you don't like it, don't watch it, and don't bother stopping by here to let everyone know how much you don't like it.
You do realize that you started a thread on a forum and that not everybody is going to agree with each other’s opinions or the subject matter as a whole, correct? I can almost guarantee you that if this topic were being discussed openly amongst the drivers and crews after the race, their opinions may have been similar to those members who posted. Once you start a thread be prepared for the Good, the Bad and Ugly. The moderators will take care of anything past that.

I don't argue online. I just don't see the point in someone who has an obvious bias against something participating in a thread regarding that thing they are biased against. Every nascar thread has this. If you don't like nascar that's fine, but its rather pointless to offer an opposing opinion on something you don't care about. 🤔

The alternate view is sometimes when a person is so into something that it doesn't matter how bad the something is they're still all in. In this case good racing is good racing, bad is bad. This event isn't representative of NASCAR racing or any circle track racing, it seems to be someone's idea of how to get a younger, short attention span demographic interested. IMO the best thing NASCAR has done in the past 10 years is put dirt on Bristol. (y)

The alternate view is sometimes when a person is so into something that it doesn't matter how bad the something is they're still all in. In this case good racing is good racing, bad is bad. This event isn't representative of NASCAR racing or any circle track racing, it seems to be someone's idea of how to get a younger, short attention span demographic interested. IMO the best thing NASCAR has done in the past 10 years is put dirt on Bristol. (y)
Agree and disagree. I dig the dirt race. Just wish they would not have used Bristol. Bristol and Dover are my favorite races of the year. And giving one up to dirt kind of sucks for me. New Hampshire would have been a better venue for the dirt.

Don

a little outside the box thinking on my part...

instead of spending (x) Millions of dollars, each year to build, and tear down, short track inside a college football stadium, and restore the turf...
move the clash to a different short tracks ("nascar home tracks") across the country that could use a repave...

is this a thinly vailed attempt to get Nascar to pay to resurface the Freedom Factory for Cleetus? maybe...

Guys these are all fair points, and I really didn't intend to ruffle any feathers. I like the 1/4 mile setup for the current iteration of the event, but I will say I'd rather see them run it at an existing short track that has some tie to nascar's roots. North Wilkesboro, Nashville Fairgrounds, Bowman Gray stadium, any of these in place of building a track just to rip it all back up and do it again next year. Or, just build the la coliseum track somewhere permanently. 🤔 I like the idea as far as track and race type, trying to appeal to a Los Angeles-esque market, not so much. In this thread I've tried to focus more on the race itself rather than the event as a whole.

Back