Daytona 500 picks

I know we aren't even past the clash yet, a the big race is weeks away, but do any of you nascar fans have any picks for the 500? This season, if I can stick with it, I want to keep my eye on Kyle Busch with his new RCR ride and Ross Chastain. I was really impressed with Chastains tenacity and determination last season, and I'm curious to see what Busch can do with childress. Of course the 500 is anyone's game to lose.

I like Ross Chastain because nobody can 'wall' him off from the flag 🏁 🏁

wall.jpg

Gave up on NASCAR years ago... They all look the same and the newer stage type racing does not interest me....My last love of NASCAR was back in the 80s and the best years to me was the 60s and the 70s...Then you could tell a Ford from a Plymouth from a Mercury from a Dodge and a Chevy..

Gave up on NASCAR years ago... They all look the same and the newer stage type racing does not interest me....My last love of NASCAR was back in the 80s and the best years to me was the 60s and the 70s...Then you could tell a Ford fr
Gave up on NASCAR years ago... They all look the same and the newer stage type racing does not interest me....My last love of NASCAR was back in the 80s and the best years to me was the 60s and the 70s...Then you could tell a Ford from a Plymouth from a Mercury from a Dodge and a Chevy..
I can respect that. I'm not the biggest fan of the stage racing, or the championship format. That being said, I like racing for the win so I really don't pay attention to the points.i just watch to see he goes for it at the end.

I haven't paid attention in a decade, but if Jimmie is coming back part time I might for a minute. Plus anyone driving for Richard Petty is OK in my book.
I'm interested to see if Jimmie's participation makes the team more competitive. Erik Jones ran pretty well last year and now they've also got Noah Gragson wheeling the 42.

Fords look really good I’ll go with the 10 car this race and this era anything can happen.I’ll be watching that 8 car driving from the rear. It stays side by side it will be good race they get single file it will be a yawner.

Stenhouse was not on my shortlist. I was pulling for Busch at the end but congratulations to Ricky. 🏁

This race used to typically have the best drivers and cars win this race…. Fireball Roberts, Mario Andretti, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, Bill Elliot, Richard Petty 7 time winner, Buddy Baker, Dale Earnhardt Sr….

Now…. It’s just some smuck survives the big one or second big one and happens to be out front after a bunch of stupid extra late lap restarts….

Heck… this nonsense makes Derrick Cope winning the Daytona 500 in 1990 look great in comparison. At least Derrick Cope ran up front in the top 10 and actually top 5 a fair amount in the race he won when Dale Sr got a flat tire going into turn 3 with Cope running second when that happened.

Back