Name off some good men's hybrid bikes I should be looking at?

I had a Trek 7300 destroyed in fire.

Looking for another hybrid. Trek no longer offers hybrids.

A friend just bought a Trek Verve 3 which he loves for around $800.00
I have a Trek FX7.2 which I love. Cost about $550 when I bought it which was 2013. Both are considered hybrids. I ride about 800-1000 miles a season and mine has been extremely reliable. I would buy it again in a second. I've gone on rides up to 50 miles at a time and been very comfortable.

Just looked at that.... zero suspension options, not impressed.
I wouldn't consider a front suspension on a hybrid, because it's only the cheap ones that are used on hybrids. If you're riding on paved paths, you don't need one. It's one more thing to break and service. Hybrids have thicker tires that absorb plenty of the bumps. Even gravel racers don't need a front suspension.

^^^Exactly right. I have a 29+ bike that I ride rigid on technical singletrack. I have a 3.25 inch tire on the front, swept handlebars and big silicone foam grips. No issues with wrist pain.

I would rather put money into better components than a cheap suspension fork.

The best bike I've ever ridden in terms of ride quality was a hybrid bike that had a chromoly frame and a carbon fork.

It was a Jamis Coda Comp.

The newest model is now called a Jamis Coda S1. It has a chromoly frame, carbon fork and 700X40 tires.
I bet you it rides much better than your old heavier Trek did. Cheap aluminum frames are heavier than chromoly frames.
Cheap aluminum frames ride harsher than chromoly.

Giant makes many bike frames for Trek. The other parts are made by companies such as Shimano... .

There are lots of great bikes out there. Most shops will gladley let you test ride one.

My wife on her cyclocross riding by the airport last summer with all the planes grounded:

DSC_0090.JPG

I agree with the post above about front suspension not being necessary. All the major manufacturers make better hybrids. The problem is availability. Stock is still tight. Prices are up, get a bike soon before store stock is depleted.

Similar to the old Trek 7300?

Frame made in the USA

The best bike I've ever ridden in terms of ride quality was a hybrid bike that had a chromoly frame and a carbon fork.

It was a Jamis Coda Comp.

The newest model is now called a Jamis Coda S1. It has a chromoly frame, carbon fork and 700X40 tires.
I bet you it rides much better than your old heavier Trek did. Cheap aluminum frames are heavier than chromoly frames.
Cheap aluminum frames ride harsher than chromoly.

Giant makes many bike frames for Trek. The other parts are made by companies such as Shimano... .

There are lots of great bikes out there. Most shops will gladley let you test ride one.

My wife on her cyclocross riding by the airport last summer with all the planes grounded:

View attachment 45576

HA! My bride rides a Jamis Renegade.

Great bikes!
Here is hers as well as my fatty on a famous bridge here in central IA.
1613579437833.jpg

Back