My Ford let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord man, giving up on it because it started running rough?

It's a freakin' 302. FIX IT. They are incredibly durable engines. Probably just a stuck EGR or something stupid.

EEC-IV is VERY easy to figure out.

IT's ok man mine let me down to. broken spider gear in the rear end.

With 345,000 miles on them and most loads ONLY between 19,000Lbs and 30,000LBS IM very annoyed!

Stupid Dana 80's are junk!!!

Seriously if that's what it takes for you to write off a vehicle maybe a bike should be your preferred mode of transport.

your right, i over reacted.
I just dont like the little screw-ups that go wrong with all auto's.

Today Ill check every Thing I can, and will post results.

Thank yall, I probally would have just thrown away a good truck for some stupid problem that I could fix in 15 minutes.

Also, it started fine. After about 1 min on the road, it started missing.
Maby a ....

Oh, and did I mention that my 80 year old grandfather also drives this sometimes?

I don't want it to die on him, for that would not be good at his age....

One reason I was upset.

Well, my dad just took it for a spin, and nothing happened.
Whatever was wrong with it, it must be every now and again...

54.gif

Keep on running it, and see if it is an intermittent problem. There are some good suggestion here - air/fuel filter, fuel pump/relay, distributor cap/rotor/wires, throttle body, injectors, IAC, MAF, MAP, TPS. Might be worth doing a fuel pressure test, you never know. Do you have any vacuum leaks?

Originally Posted By: crinkles
A bad batch of fuel maybe??

Brand new gas, unless the gas station screwed me.

Did it throw a CEL? That would be a good place to start. I agree, ignition and fuel system first. Then you get into things like crank positions sensors (if it has one) I have had similar issues with bad coils or even bad O2 sensors.

What OVERKILL stated, giving up way too easily.

I'm not a Ford guy, but even I give a nod of respect to that truck of yours for it's veteran status.

Continue to troubleshoot/monitor. If you have no doubts about the spark, look toward the fuel.

If it's intermittent then it's most likely bad fuel or something electronic like the injector, fuel pump, a sensor, electrical connection, Coil, wires etc... Mechanical usually isn't something that happens intermittent so most likely it's an easy fix!
thumbsup2.gif

well, me and fordboy checked it out, and drove it.

Drove great, and everything was fine. must have been some trash in the gas.

Originally Posted By: talker
well, me and fordboy checked it out, and drove it.

Drove great, and everything was fine. must have been some trash in the gas.

Could be.

When gas got really expensive and started running out last year, a friend of mine and myself had trouble with gas bought from a station that was nearly out. It was basically the only station in town that still had any gas, and we got whatever was at the bottom of the tank. I filled my truck, then my friend filled his '95 Wrangler right after at the same pump. For days afterward my Ranger was very hard to start, but would run fine once it started. The Wrangler ran like [censored] all of the time. The problems went away after a couple tanks of gas in both vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back