My Auto-RX Real World Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pkasprzyk
Here it is, 800 miles into the initial cleaning phase and WOW..! The car has an ever so slight lifter tick at start up, but nothing compared to how it used to be. I'm sold on this stuff. Well worth the money...

Shhhhh! They may hear you!!
shocked2.gif

45.gif

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Thanks for following through!

That oil looks gross. And blech, that fill hole looks disgusting. Do you know if that area gets continuous lubrication, or is it splash-lubed?

I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens with those compression numbers!

Dare I say it, that is how Oil looked for me after i added Mos2 to it. The mechanic thought, for a second it was "Milkshake" Oil, a term used to describe Oil coming out that has Coolant and other nasties mixed in with it, indicating a failing engine. It was the Moly.. But whoa, you think your engine is in TROUBLE after seeing that greasy, sludge Oil. Happened to me.

Reading the rest of this thread, I may just use MaxLife the rest of my car's life and be done. I dont know.

That oil was scary, and hopefully the Oil gets back to looking like normal one day. My car and yours BOTH!

Originally Posted By: sprintman
800 miles done, 4,200+ to go.

FWIW, did you double-dose it for this 5000 miles?

My good friend Stevic C says that 5000 miles for clean, then 5000 miles for Rinse, on SuperTech, first "Cleaning" 5000 miles with a "Double dose" added to a HOT engine then idling 5 minutes then the 2nd 5000 miles "Rinse" with NO adding will make an enigne singgggg...
thumbsup2.gif

Aint that right Stevie C? Just stop with the MMO and Synthetics and PP and DO THE A-RX ALREADY? lol
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Originally Posted By: sprintman
800 miles done, 4,200+ to go.

FWIW, did you double-dose it for this 5000 miles?

My good friend Stevic C says that 5000 miles for clean, then 5000 miles for Rinse, on SuperTech, first "Cleaning" 5000 miles with a "Double dose" added to a HOT engine then idling 5 minutes then the 2nd 5000 miles "Rinse" with NO adding will make an enigne singgggg...
thumbsup2.gif

Aint that right Stevie C? Just stop with the MMO and Synthetics and PP and DO THE A-RX ALREADY? lol
lol.gif

No he is going to follow the website to a "T" so there is no disputing the results...

IMO what I told you is better when using it.

Steve

Ok, I stopped by my cousin's shop today for a quick peek at the oil and mileage. The mileage might be faster than I thought, she has already put about 200 miles on it since I changed it. The oil was already a little dark (which may just be from the ARX, I don't know) and I started the engine and took the fill cap off to see how the oil flows. It appears most of that area is splash lubricated. Just at idle I can see oil flowing on top of the head at a slow-medium rate of speed. So the best place to pay attention to after the test is directly on top of the head where the oil flows.(Which is pitch black with sludge right now.) When the engine is at higher RPM, it may splash around a little more. If there is sludge on the (forgive my ignorance on the engine's anatomy) rail-looking-thing, I'm sure the oil makes contact there at some point in time.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: MoparDak05

100_0390.jpg

That is some nasty oil. Looks more like chocolate syrup.

Im GLAD you posted that. That DOES look like Chocolate! I used flush cleaner products in my Oil and it came out looking similar. All Gunky and nasty...

I used flush cleaner products in my Oil and it came out looking similar. Boy, we thought i had a blown Head Gasket, due primarily to the appearance of the Oil.

OP, Update? That was with A-Rx huh. Sludge did that..........

It's funny you guys asked for an update today, because I cleared a little time this morning to give it. I've been a little busy. Below are some pictures that I took when I changed the filter half-way through. In that specific area through the fill hole, there is no significant difference visible as far as cleanliness goes. What you may notice though is that there is seemingly more oil pooling underneath that rail-looking-thing. In the other pics you can tell that the top of the head is not very oil-soaked. Just a little damp looking. Maybe it is a sign of some ports being cleared up a little bit and pumping more oil to the top-end? It is easier to see the difference in person with a flashlight and the naked eye. I've also included a pic of what the oil looked like that came out of the filter when I changed it.

My next update will be the start of the rinse phase, most likely. But, I will answer questions as needed.

filterrec.jpg
halfwayodo.jpg

halfway.jpg
halfwayoilfil.jpg

That is before the ARX.

Originally Posted By: MoparDak05

That is before the ARX.

Im DYING to give ARX a double-dose shot in mine. SOME people have resorted that double-dosing ARX works while following the instructions did diddly. ?

I mention because i did PLENTY -PLENTY- of MMO, B012, SeaFoam in last 50 miles, etc. cleaning in mine, synthetic Oil, a real mess for 5000 miles. M mechanic thought i had blown Head Gasket from rust-colored and nasty, gunky, chocolate-looking Oil. I tried to counter that it was an additive, and he said "oh, well int hat case, could be anything."

If you know hour HG is OK and you have a sludged engine, i feel better about how my Oil looked. I too plan on SuperTeching and Auto-RXing my car, as it seems to have performance gains and cleans RINGS!

Will be loving to keep posted. I know how that goes, two weeks plus and you just arent by a computer. I been there!

Again, if your engine gaskets are fine, i feel more comfortable with how Oil can look at an OC. Wow.

Considering it hasn't really had a significant amount of time to really do much with this caked on sludge, I'm not cutting it open this time. At the end of this second part of the cleaning phase I will figure out a way to cut it open and I'll take a gander at it and take a few pics. I will also do so after the rinse phase. I need to figure out a way to cut it open, I don't have a filter cutter but I may get one if I have no other choice.

Thanks for update. Can't wait to see result! Tell her to drive more!!!
smile.gif
J/k Thanks again OP.

If its a VG33, not enough oil flow up top to clean it with ANYTHING. Much time is required. For any VG, prevention is the best medicine.

Consider full synthetic a must. Keep OCI 5k/6mo or less. Top off as needed at every fuel fill up. Oil capacity is too small for engine size and vehicle weight.

It'll run a long long time even with sludge.

If its a VG33, Autorx won't help the valve cover area ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back