Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

This should be some capable truck. I mean, this is becoming a joke. And the more of them is on the street the more videos like this will be going around.
This is becoming a situation like that with Plaid brakes. They work as long as you drive slowly. So basically, if they put tires that ANY truck has, the range will be???
Also, what happened with Vooice Command? Can't voice command turn off TC?
You probably could use voice command. I don't know, I've never tried it. I've been stuck many times with many vehicles because the traction control intervened. This is a normal process to shut of the traction control. I would think the average buyer doesn't realize this. Any of us with half a brain wouldn't buy one.

You probably could use voice command. I don't know, I've never tried it. I've been stuck many times with many vehicles because the traction control intervened. This is a normal process to shut of the traction control. I would think the average buyer doesn't realize this. Any of us with half a brain wouldn't buy one.
Why TC is programmed in truck for maximum acceleration? Bcs YouTube ?

Why TC is programmed in truck for maximum acceleration? Bcs YouTube ?
It's how every EV is programmed. It's very easy to limit excessive wheel spin in an EV. Much easier than an engine running through a transmission with a clutch or torque converter. The possible sampling rate for traction control with the on/off capability of an electric motor makes it much easier to reign in. The alternative is excessive tire wear for those heavy footed individuals.

It's how every EV is programmed. It's very easy to limit excessive wheel spin in an EV. Much easier than an engine running through a transmission with a clutch or torque converter. The possible sampling rate for traction control with the on/off capability of an electric motor makes it much easier to reign in. The alternative is excessive tire wear for those heavy footed individuals.
If it is very easy to limit for maximum acceleration, isn’t it very easy to program for a vehicle to recognize situation like this and engage engines appropriately?
99% of current AWD vehicles uses computer to decide where torque goes. After all this mumbo jumbo about Tesla and future, we are at: well, you know, 5 inches of snow…

If it is very easy to limit for maximum acceleration, isn’t it very easy to program for a vehicle to recognize situation like this and engage engines appropriately?
99% of current AWD vehicles uses computer to decide where torque goes. After all this mumbo jumbo about Tesla and future, we are at: well, you know, 5 inches of snow…
There's a huge difference between power going through a transmission and through electronically controlled differentials than an electric motor acting directly on a single wheel. The vehicle has a mode to defeat that. I've gotten stuck and had to disable traction control on ICE vehicles. Again, this isn't an unusual occurance. The EV just has the ability to reign in sooner than the ICE vehicle can. It's not a short coming. It's a delay in the drivetrain of a standard vehicle.

Do we really need vehicles to continue judging situations because people don't know how to use them?

There's a huge difference between power going through a transmission and through electronically controlled differentials than an electric motor acting directly on a single wheel. The vehicle has a mode to defeat that. I've gotten stuck and had to disable traction control on ICE vehicles. Again, this isn't an unusual occurance. The EV just has the ability to reign in sooner than the ICE vehicle can. It's not a short coming. It's a delay in the drivetrain of a standard vehicle.

Do we really need vehicles to continue judging situations because people don't know how to use them?
That is absolutely poor excuse! That means Tesla cannot program computer to recognize this situation. Doesn’t know, didn’t think.
You said it is easy to program TC to provide absolutely no spin. So you are saying Tesla cannot program computer to recognize that it is stuck and needs wheel spin? Bcs. in video there is actually wheel spin.

You can’t blame this on people. Last several months Elon’s butt flys are all over internet comparing CyberTruck to Raptor etc. I can most definitely tell you that Raptor wouldn’t stuck here, or Nissan Versa.

I know one thing: they ain’t gonna be popular at local ski resorts. Maybe at Vail, Aspen or Telluride to go for a dinner, if roads are fully cleared.

Maybe it's just me but I find it funny. Especially with all the hype and everything, and there it sits useless in a little snow. There was talk of the military using it, police, you name it. They better rethink it, and hold off a while if there was any truth to that talk.

Maybe it's just me but I find it funny. Especially with all the hype and everything, and there it sits useless in a little snow. There was talk of the military using it, police, you name it. They better rethink it, and hold off a while if there was any truth to that talk.
Only ones that are talking about it are those sycophants online that are competing for Elon’s attention.

That is absolutely poor excuse! That means Tesla cannot program computer to recognize this situation. Doesn’t know, didn’t think.
You said it is easy to program TC to provide absolutely no spin. So you are saying Tesla cannot program computer to recognize that it is stuck and needs wheel spin? Bcs. in video there is actually wheel spin.

You can’t blame this on people. Last several months Elon’s butt flys are all over internet comparing CyberTruck to Raptor etc. I can most definitely tell you that Raptor wouldn’t stuck here, or Nissan Versa.
Maybe? I don't know if it does. I've never set in snow and just held the pedal down. TFL did a test with a Model Y AWD where they put the car on 3 rollers and hit the pedal. It sorted it out and used the remaining wheel to pull off the 3 rollers. It took like 2 seconds. This was a short video. I don't know if they kept attempting to move. It may sort it out, but the driver has to commit to it. If it stops and they don't stay on the go pedal it's obviously not going to do anything. I don't know what the driver did. There's very little chance it wasn't driver error though. It really looks like it spun, intervened and they just let off. I don't know what happened here. I know I've never gotten stuck in my RWD Model 3 and it doesn't struggle like my GTI does.

It's a 13 second video. We don't even know what the driver was actually doing here.

I don't know why I'm even trying to defend this. The average driver is absolutely stupid and that fits the average Cybertruck driver I'm sure. There's no way they were even trying. It spun and they stopped. I don't see anything that they attempted to continue.

Only ones that are talking about it are those sycophants online that are competing for Elon’s attention.
Elon can eat an entire bag of male genitalia. You have the wrong idea about me it seems.

I just don't see what this video proves other than the driver doesn't know what they're doing.

It's a 13 second video. We don't even know what the driver was actually doing here.

I don't know why I'm even trying to defend this. The average driver is absolutely stupid and that fits the average Cybertruck driver I'm sure. There's no way they were even trying. It spun and they stopped. I don't see anything that they attempted to continue.
For me it changes nothing. I found it funny, and my bet is there will be tons of these videos popping up, exploiting its flaws and reinforcing why running out to be the first in line for something this new can prove to be a costly mistake. Hopefully if the chatter about this being useful for the military is not true. If it is they better do their homework.

For me it changes nothing. I found it funny, and my bet is there will be tons of these videos popping up, exploiting its flaws and reinforcing why running out to be the first in line for something this new can prove to be a costly mistake. Hopefully if the chatter about this being useful for the military is not true. If it is they better do their homework.
I'm sure you've never been stuck and had to work your way out of it. It's happened to all of us at some point in adverse conditions. Now if he fought with it and never got out that would be another thing. I'd like to see that, but I'd be laughing at the driver, not the vehicle.

I don't want one. I'm also not going to sit on the internet being a half wit hater about them either.

I'm sure you've never been stuck and had to work your way out of it. It's happened to all of us at some point in adverse conditions. Now if he fought with it and never got out that would be another thing. I'd like to see that, but I'd be laughing at the driver, not the vehicle.

I don't want one. I'm also not going to sit on the internet being a half wit hater about them either.
I never got stuck to a point that I couldn't get out, even with RWD open differential sedans, decades before ABS, and with lousy tires by the standards of today. With all the hype that truck should have been out in a few seconds.

As far as the Cyber truck, I don't want one either. Since this is an open forum and the topic is hot I'm entitled to my opinion about them. I'm not sure about the half wit hater remark, but I certainly won't sit on the internet and defend them.

I never got stuck to a point that I couldn't get out, even with RWD open differential sedans, decades before ABS, and with lousy tires by the standards of today. With all the hype that truck should have been out in a few seconds.

As far as the Cyber truck, I don't want one either. Since this is an open forum and the topic is hot I'm entitled to my opinion about them. I'm not sure about the half wit hater remark, but I certainly won't sit on the internet and defend them.
All I'm saying is we didn't actually see what happened here. I can tell for sure the driver was surprised. We don't know how he got out. I'd like to see that part.

Back