Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

Is this one more: it is testing vehicle? I am having on my bingo card in 2027 people saying: it is still in Beta phase of testing.
I have no idea. Have we had confirmation that anyone outside of Tesla actually owns one? I still don’t believe it exists as a consumer product. I still don’t understand how it’s possible this stupid thing passed all the government regs.

I thought Tesla was a software company? They can't even code a traction control system on an EV?
Sampling rate is much higher. It doesn’t allow much slip. Sure you could code it to simulate a gasoline engine through a transmission which would just be setting it to be sloppy and have horrible delays ultimately making it much slower and wrecking the tires faster than EVs already do.

I have no idea. Have we had confirmation that anyone outside of Tesla actually owns one? I still don’t believe it exists as a consumer product. I still don’t understand how it’s possible this stupid thing passed all the government regs.

Sampling rate is much higher. It doesn’t allow much slip. Sure you could code it to simulate a gasoline engine through a transmission which would just be setting it to be sloppy and have horrible delays ultimately making it much slower and wrecking the tires faster than EVs already do.

Is that slang for, not completely useless and able to drive in a little bit of snow. Left my yard this morning in a foot of new fallen snow, glad my truck isn't made by tesla.

I think we are seeing folks outside of tesla folks get it: Serena williams got one, dont know if shes part of the board or anything

I think we are seeing folks outside of tesla folks get it: Serena williams got one, dont know if shes part of the board or anything
I guess I don't pay attention to news. It wasn't that long ago that it was only officials driving them. I still don't believe how they're street legal.

carscoops has a article that claims non tesla employee who documented their first ct.
@Torrid

The usual teething pains, panel gaps, interior parts misfit. Does Tesla not have qc line checks both during production and pre delivery?

carscoops has a article that claims non tesla employee who documented their first ct.
@Torrid

The usual teething pains, panel gaps, interior parts misfit. Does Tesla not have qc line checks both during production and pre delivery?
None that I can tell. From my understanding to this day Tesla has to rework 14% of the vehicles coming off their assembly line. This compared to 7% being the industry average. Remember Tesla decided to use a difficult to scale dry coating for the Cybertruck batteries and according to Tesla engineers the scrapped rate of batteries is close to 50%. Musk told the media that Tesla would easily be able to crank out 200k Cybertrucks a year and apparently this isn't the case.

None that I can tell. From my understanding to this day Tesla has to rework 14% of the vehicles coming off their assembly line. This compared to 7% being the industry average. Remember Tesla decided to use a difficult to scale dry coating for the Cybertruck batteries and according to Tesla engineers the scrapped rate of batteries is close to 50%. Musk told the media that Tesla would easily be able to crank out 200k Cybertrucks a year and apparently this isn't the case.
I just don't see any way it doesn't take them a long time to get production up on it. There's just too many firsts they've attempted and that doesn't bode well for quick production.

I just don't see any way it doesn't take them a long time to get production up on it. There's just too many firsts they've attempted and that doesn't bode well for quick production.
It sounds like Alot of Cybertruck deposit holders are cancelling their deposits. One of the presenters on the TFL Truck website had a deposit from back in 2019, along with Roman Mica (whom I've met, still a little bitter I didn't get an internship with TFL as he hired his son.) According to him he was the 49,999 deposit holder and back in Mid December 2023 was told it was going to be a while before his order becomes available. Low and behold last week he was emailed by Tesla that his order came up. This has made many automotive journalists curious about the cancellation rate of the Cybertruck. There's a HUGE difference between 60 grand and $120 grand and if you want the additional range the battery pack is $16,000 more on top so $136,000.

It sounds like Alot of Cybertruck deposit holders are cancelling their deposits. One of the presenters on the TFL Truck website had a deposit from back in 2019, along with Roman Mica (whom I've met, still a little bitter I didn't get an internship with TFL as he hired his son.) According to him he was the 49,999 deposit holder and back in Mid December 2023 was told it was going to be a while before his order becomes available. Low and behold last week he was emailed by Tesla that his order came up. This has made many automotive journalists curious about the cancellation rate of the Cybertruck. There's a HUGE difference between 60 grand and $120 grand and if you want the additional range the battery pack is $16,000 more on top so $136,000.
The price difference is a problem. I'm not interested in the truck, but I feel I personally could afford the $60k for the right vehicle. Not sure I want to spend that much anyway, but I'm definitely not a $120k vehicle buyer, especially for one that I was interested in for $60k originally. You can't get someone to buy a vehicle who can't afford it or becomes not interested when the price goes up. I heard the same from a guy I work with that had a Lightning reservation. When they announced the original price increases he pulled his reservation.

When ordering your $100,000+ Cybertruck, you now have to acknowledge that most of the tech doesn’t actually work, and someday, maybe it’ll be updated to possibly work. 😂

IMG_6262.jpeg

When ordering your $100,000+ Cybertruck, you now have to acknowledge that most of the tech doesn’t actually work, and someday, maybe it’ll be updated to possibly work. 😂

View attachment 200631
Ford did something similar when they were pushing out Ford blue cruise. Then later said something to the effect will we changed our minds, heres a gift card for your troubles.

With tech companies, unless you have a legal iou, promises are unicorn magic.

It's a 13 second video. We don't even know what the driver was actually doing here.

I don't know why I'm even trying to defend this. The average driver is absolutely stupid and that fits the average Cybertruck driver I'm sure. There's no way they were even trying. It spun and they stopped. I don't see anything that they attempted to continue.
I have to agree with you on this.
In today’s world, a product has to be absolutely idiot proof.
Except the people in forum like this, no one takes the time to learn the capabilities and limitations of any product they buy anymore.

Then throw in the media and get them involved and the product is screwed

View attachment 200631
Maybe it's just me, but I'd walk right out of the dealership laughing. If/when they figure it out then maybe I'd buy it, and that goes for any vehicle ICE or EV. Promises are like the wind.

Shen things go right Elon is like I invented PayPal, I invented AI, I invented full self driving, I founded Tesla, I invented space internet, I invented brain implants, I invented tunnels, I created a peace plan for Taiwan and China.

However when something goes bad its WE dug our own grave.

What ever happened to personal responsibility?

Now they’re being shipped without the aero wheel covers. The design allows the aero cover to dig into the tire sidewall and chewing up the tires. A blowout just waiting to happen.

So now the range is even worse…

IMG_6347.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure this isn't the last problem. I know I've been hating on this thing, but it just keeps proving me right.

Correct me here, but those notches in the tires fit the hub cap extensions. Those hubcaps look like they have lug holes. Does this mean that the tire will have to be keyed onto the rim for the whole thing to line up properly? Or are the “lugs or spokes”on the covers for decoration only?

Back