Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

Check out the Carwow channel. They tested a Cybertruck against a Porsche 911 Turbo S. The Cybertruck jumped off the line but the Porsche reeled it in then walks away.
That's the result I would have expected at least. I imagine the Cybertruck stayed ahead just past 60 given the numbers these vehicles produce and then promptly switch positions.

I agree, so why was Musk pretending and bragging the truck could beat the supercar?
He should have just compared it to other trucks.
It's still the fastest production thing with a truck "bed" by a lot. It was an odd attempted flex though.

I agree, so why was Musk pretending and bragging the truck could beat the supercar?
He should have just compared it to other trucks.
He's wack.
By the way, my new Ludicrous will give that Porsche a run for its money. And the Roadster II, if it ever sees the light of day, will smash it.

All good AG.

My cousins nephew took delivery of his Cybertruck, last Friday. It gets up to it's restricted speed of 114 mph (supposed to be 112) mph pretty quickly.

EVERYONE stares and whips out their phone to take pics or video.

I drove it a bit. It's pretty cool. If you can stand being the center of attention everywhere you go.

IMG_20240318_194810.jpg

At the cousins place.
It has a bed

IMG_20240318_193538.jpg

Well, if its only takes $100000 to be noticed, it was accomplished. Congrats to the cousin's nephew. ^

Well, if its only takes $100000 to be noticed, it was accomplished. Congrats to the cousin's nephew. ^
Pretty low cost of admission to be noticed these days if that's the goal. Most of the stuff that gets the kind of attention a Cybertruck gets is 3x that.

Being noticed was not the goal.

He had a Tesla 3, and felt he could use a truck, so he got on the waiting list 4+ years ago.
This is precisely where I thought it would go. It's not going to convert truck drivers to be Tesla owners. It's going to convert Tesla owners to be truck drivers. It's too polarizing to do anything else. I can't imagine Rivian owners are chomping at the bit to trade for one. As far as I see it if I wanted an electric truck it would be the Rivian. A do it all EV car I'd buy the Model 3 again. Ultimate luxury I'd go for the Lucid. I see what the appeal is for the Cybertruck and it's all the things that turns me off about it. That doesn't strike me as someone who would have traded a Model 3 for a truck otherwise waiting 4 years for it.

I'm not trying to say anything bad of anyone buying one. I'm just questioning the motivations for doing it.

Last edited:
He's wack.
By the way, my new Ludicrous will give that Porsche a run for its money. And the Roadster II, if it ever sees the light of day, will smash it.

All good AG.
That roadster looks like a dumpster fire. And if you're not familiar with USDOT rules. NOS tanks aren't street legal for many reasons how does the Muskrat plan to certify a high pressure air tank for street legalizing? Two not sure if you're aware but a 0-60 in .9 seconds will equate to about 2.75 g's. Can you or the public really handle that?

Anytime you want to run at any track for 5 laps, I will finish ahead of you with my nearly 20 year old Porsche, use any Tesla you want.
This. No ludicrous, plaid, space mode or whatever the Muskrat has called it can handle the 24 hours of Lemans, 12 hours of Sebring etc. Jeff bring out your "killer." Jeff try racing your Ludicrous model 3 and see how it fairs.

Being noticed was not the goal.

He had a Tesla 3, and felt he could use a truck, so he got on the waiting list 4+ years ago.
How long before he dumps it and buys a quality vehicle? The Cybertruck has been shown to have many, many problems, have shorter range than advertised, and is missing software like crazy.

That roadster looks like a dumpster fire. And if you're not familiar with USDOT rules. NOS tanks aren't street legal for many reasons how does the Muskrat plan to certify a high pressure air tank for street legalizing? Two not sure if you're aware but a 0-60 in .9 seconds will equate to about 2.75 g's. Can you or the public really handle that?
This. No ludicrous, plaid, space mode or whatever the Muskrat has called it can handle the 24 hours of Lemans, 12 hours of Sebring etc. Jeff bring out your "killer." Jeff try racing your Ludicrous model 3 and see how it fairs.
How long before he dumps it and buys a quality vehicle? The Cybertruck has been shown to have many, many problems, have shorter range than advertised, and is missing software like crazy.
Musk says things that doesn't come to be. I'm amazed how much of the Cybertruck actually came to be. The end point though is it's not that serious, it doesn't need to be personal, and none of us are actually meeting on a track to race with our proximity to each other and daily obligations. We can all magazine and bench race all we want.

Personally I take out most of my racing frustrations with F1 and video games when I don't have time. Maybe we can do a Gran Turismo meet with an old Porsche and a Tesla? That's as close as we'd realistically get and it might be fun. Just so you know I'm not picking the Tesla to win on a road course. I'm not calling the Tesla a bad car, it's just not my first choice in that situation. The handling is surprisingly good, but you can only counteract the extra weight so much.

How heated would a PlayStation night get? BTW I suck at online racing. I just finally started playing again recently.

Musk says things that doesn't come to be. I'm amazed how much of the Cybertruck actually came to be. The end point though is it's not that serious, it doesn't need to be personal, and none of us are actually meeting on a track to race with our proximity to each other and daily obligations. We can all magazine and bench race all we want.

Personally I take out most of my racing frustrations with F1 and video games when I don't have time. Maybe we can do a Gran Turismo meet with an old Porsche and a Tesla? That's as close as we'd realistically get and it might be fun. Just so you know I'm not picking the Tesla to win on a road course. I'm not calling the Tesla a bad car, it's just not my first choice in that situation. The handling is surprisingly good, but you can only counteract the extra weight so much.

How heated would a PlayStation night get? BTW I suck at online racing. I just finally started playing again recently.
Apparently there are now sim racing competitions. I saw YouTube videos recently of people racing in a sim race. Seemed odd.

Yeah it’s a big deal these days. There’s a large online racing community.

I remember when Atari Games had linked games in the mid to late 90s. But they linked through different arcades. I wasted a fair bit of money playing San Francisco Rush, but I was young and single with a decent paycheck.

I have no idea how long he'll have it. He likes it so far. Or course he's had it less than a week. I thought it was kind of cool, and everything seemed to be working fine.

Pretty low cost of admission to be noticed these days if that's the goal. Most of the stuff that gets the kind of attention a Cybertruck gets is 3x that.

This is precisely where I thought it would go. It's not going to convert truck drivers to be Tesla owners. It's going to convert Tesla owners to be truck drivers. It's too polarizing to do anything else. I can't imagine Rivian owners are chomping at the bit to trade for one. As far as I see it if I wanted an electric truck it would be the Rivian. A do it all EV car I'd buy the Model 3 again. Ultimate luxury I'd go for the Lucid. I see what the appeal is for the Cybertruck and it's all the things that turns me off about it. That doesn't strike me as someone who would have traded a Model 3 for a truck otherwise waiting 4 years for it.

I'm not trying to say anything bad of anyone buying one. I'm just questioning the motivations for doing it.

Do you see the house with the solar panels on the roof, in the pic of the Cybertruck bed? The guy who lives there had a Rivian truck for a couple years. He had so many problems with it, that he had to enact the lemon-law, to get Rivian to buy it back. He also went for a ride in the Cybertruck, and I know he's going to stay in touch with my cousins nephew, to see how his Cybertruck does.

He needs a truck for his Ranch, but he wants something reliable. The Rivian couldn't cut it. The Ford Lightning he test drove quite during the test drive, and had to be towed...

Back