Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

I just paid $4.15 for rag at a non-Costco cheapie station! Gassed up my grand niece's Corolla...
I'm dumping the Model 3... Interested in a clean little EV rocket?
I paid under $3/gallon for regular today. Sorry but no thanks on the EV, maybe when gas becomes illegal and I'm too old to ride a bike. ;)

I drove about 200 miles yesterday, powered by the sun. I probably pay less than $20 per month for electricity. My panels generate more than I use, but there are other charges. I hate PG&E, but you already knew that.

That $20 per month runs the house and the Tesla. Sometimes I stop for a quick top off, 5 to 10 minutes depending on Supercharger... Usually $4.

Yep and like I said my bet is CA will have the most sales. No surprise there, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why. I'd also be willing to venture a guess that the NE will lag, big time.
The tesla dealer here seems to be doing well. They even built an annex nearby.

I drove about 200 miles yesterday, powered by the sun. I probably pay less than $20 per month for electricity. My panels generate more than I use, but there are other charges. I hate PG&E, but you already knew that.

That $20 per month runs the house and the Tesla. Sometimes I stop for a quick top off, 5 to 10 minutes depending on Supercharger... Usually $4.
My wife was looking at the charging costs for the Tesla and last month was the highest it has been, covering the most miles it has in a month at close to 1,000 miles. $54 including one public charging run. I spent 3x that for fuel in my other car during the same time for similar miles.

The tesla dealer here seems to be doing well. They even built an annex nearby.
A awesome 80 year old man I attend church with almost purchased a TSLA yesterday. He was trading in his two door late model bronco for the TSLA. The only reason the deal didn't go through was the only TSLA available was a paint color that didn't match for him. I asked him if he was going to buy a TSLA when the right color becomes available, he said no because yesterday was the last day for the $7500 USD tax credit.

I was surprised the tax credit played a role. I suspect this guy has money on a large way
Why does $7500 tax credit matter..beats me.

For sure California leads the way. Don't they have vastly more Tesla sales by volume and percentage than any other state?

I believe so, despite their super sketch electrical grid.

Living where I do, I may never see a cybertruck in person.

A woman who only lived 5 kms away from me, used to have a tesla car, she traded it in after it was 2 years old, on a new Kia Seltos.

A awesome 80 year old man I attend church with almost purchased a TSLA yesterday. He was trading in his two door late model bronco for the TSLA. The only reason the deal didn't go through was the only TSLA available was a paint color that didn't match for him. I asked him if he was going to buy a TSLA when the right color becomes available, he said no because yesterday was the last day for the $7500 USD tax credit.

I was surprised the tax credit played a role. I suspect this guy has money on a large way

Because it is a lot of money.
That would be about $10,000 Canadian.
A $10,000 rebate on a car would help sway my decision if car shopping.

$7500 is a decent chunk of change. The low end buyers will buy low end cars and from bhph lots.

I reject that any Tesla actually competes with any real luxury marque, but theyve built that optic.

I would t doubt that a low end model 3 is appointed Similarly to a high end Malibu, Camry, or accord, and those buyers are a decently sized demographic who can afford stuff yet to whom $7500 is a decent amount of money.

Does the $7500 credit just end, or does it morph to a different amount? I haven’t traced it because I’m not in the market. If it drops to say, $6000 or $5000, but the car prices have also dropped, it may be fitting to purpose.

I don't know anyone who is getting a Tesla. I do know a doctor who sold his and went back to ICE. Regarding the Cyber Truck, lets wait and see how many actually roll off the lot. My bet is CA will have the most sales, North East, I have my doubts.
Rivian is wildly popular in secoast NH. At a local high end plaza I saw 5 parked near each other . You see them often. This is a low volume $100k + vehicle. I think CyberTruck has a change here

My 17 yo daughter has driven two of them as Designated driver when out with friends and said they are amazing .

Rivian is wildly popular in secoast NH. At a local high end plaza I saw 5 parked near each other . You see them often. This is a low volume $100k + vehicle. I think CyberTruck has a change here

My 17 yo daughter has driven two of them as Designated driver when out with friends and said they are amazing .
As of today I've seen about two Rivians. TSLA cars are around. I haven't seen a Lightening yet. I can honestly say I don't have one friend or family member who would even consider buying one. I guess birds of a feather flock together. ;) We all think the Cyber Truck is an ugly overpriced joke. But hey people are free to spend their money as they see fit, I do.

As of today I've seen about two Rivians. TSLA cars are around. I haven't seen a Lightening yet. I can honestly say I don't have one friend or family member who would even consider buying one. I guess birds of a feather flock together. ;) We all think the Cyber Truck is an ugly overpriced joke. But hey people are free to spend their money as they see fit, I do.
Rivian around the medical center - None at Bass Pro 😷
Lightning - only in Canada 🍁

$7500 is a decent chunk of change. The low end buyers will buy low end cars and from bhph lots.

I reject that any Tesla actually competes with any real luxury marque, but theyve built that optic.

I would t doubt that a low end model 3 is appointed Similarly to a high end Malibu, Camry, or accord, and those buyers are a decently sized demographic who can afford stuff yet to whom $7500 is a decent amount of money.

Does the $7500 credit just end, or does it morph to a different amount? I haven’t traced it because I’m not in the market. If it drops to say, $6000 or $5000, but the car prices have also dropped, it may be fitting to purpose.

The way things are going the credit will only increase as the years go by.

Back