Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

It is being reported that Tesla is receiving orders for 10,000 Cybertrucks per week, I don't know how they will be able to fill them given their limited production capabilities at the moment and near future. I guess that gives the potential new owners plenty of time to grow a manbun. However much hate some of you guys have for Elon, Tesla and the Cybertruck, it looks like over 2 million people want one. And they don't much care what you think.

It is being reported that Tesla is receiving orders for 10,000 Cybertrucks per week, I don't know how they will be able to fill them given their limited production capabilities at the moment and near future. I guess that gives the potential new owners plenty of time to grow a manbun. However much hate some of you guys have for Elon, Tesla and the Cybertruck, it looks like over 2 million people want one. And they don't much care what you think.
It went from 10k/day to 10k orders a week from a tesla influencer.

Great, if true, but it would be nice if they told us these are new orders vs reservation holders who have finally committed to purchase.

I was at a Tesla charity event yesterday and half of the owners I talked to had an order in for a Cybertruck. I didn't ask any financial type questions nor did I ask what trim level they were trying to get. All that mentioned it said they were looking forward to it so it sounds like everyone that said they had an order in were planning to take delivery when they get an allocation.

It went from 10k/day to 10k orders a week from a tesla influencer.

Great, if true, but it would be nice if they told us these are new orders vs reservation holders who have finally committed to purchase.
My understanding is the new numbers are commitments and are needed to secure a delivery number.
Tesla now has about 3 years of backlog; can they produce? Batteries are the main concern, just as in all EVs.

I sincerely wish the best of luck to tesla, and to the upcoming cybertruck owners.

Despite knowing lots of people, I still don't know anyone who is getting a cybertruck.

So, basically owners of current Tesla’s want Cybertruck.
Cult+Trend.

I sincerely wish the best of luck to tesla, and to the upcoming cybertruck owners.

Despite knowing lots of people, I still don't know anyone who is getting a cybertruck.
Yesterday is definitely the first time I've ever talked to anyone in person who had an order for a Cybertruck. It's also the only Tesla event I've ever personally attended and it would likely take that to find someone who has an order unless you personally know some Tesla owners. I don't think I've been to an event for a specific vehicle in 10+ years, but the Wisconsin Tesla Club put up a canned food drive at the first Kwik Trip Tesla Supercharger location that recently opened. I've never seen so many personally owned Teslas in person though while everyone says that Model Y is their best selling model, I definitely saw more Model 3s than anything. There was 1 Model S and not a single X in attendance.

So, basically owners of current Tesla’s want Cybertruck.
Cult+Trend.
I'm sure it's safe to say vast majority of Cybertruck buyers have not owned a truck before. It's a vast move in the wrong direction in my mind. Either you have someone driving the largest, heaviest vehicle they've ever owned to do nothing more than what they did in a smaller car, or they'll try and do truck things with it and be wholly inconvenienced to how much energy it takes to do so. I do see a lot of Rivians road tripping, though rarely towing, but all of these EV trucks have to be a nightmare on a road trip even unladen. In most cases they all have half the efficiency of an EV car.

Last edited:

I don't know anyone who is getting a Tesla. I do know a doctor who sold his and went back to ICE. Regarding the Cyber Truck, lets wait and see how many actually roll off the lot. My bet is CA will have the most sales, North East, I have my doubts.

I don't know anyone who is getting a Tesla. I do know a doctor who sold his and went back to ICE. Regarding the Cyber Truck, lets wait and see how many actually roll off the lot. My bet is CA will have the most sales, North East, I have my doubts.
For sure California leads the way. Don't they have vastly more Tesla sales by volume and percentage than any other state?

For sure California leads the way. Don't they have vastly more Tesla sales by volume and percentage than any other state?
Yep and like I said my bet is CA will have the most sales. No surprise there, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why. I'd also be willing to venture a guess that the NE will lag, big time.

I can guarantee you that they will only be city boy trucks in the Midwest.

We already have plenty of them they are easy to spot.

I can guarantee you that they will only be city boy trucks in the Midwest.

We already have plenty of them they are easy to spot.
Where I live the city boy mods have made it to the sticks. I never thought I’d see low profile tires on lifted trucks in the sticks.

Back