motul 8100 vs castrol new edge M

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope its not..ive done that from motul site too. you see, motul has a terrible customer service, zero i would say..they never answer to customers not even for availability. domestic dealer is bad too. they only bring to my country what they want and whenever they want and don't care about the customers.i hear that happens to most countries as well.
well according to my aprovals from bmw ,they give 3 choices.. x clean 5-40, x clean+ 5-30 and x clean efe 5-30. i read here from eddy again,he likes x clean+ 5-30 because of 3,6 HTHS. see i read your forum enough eddy. but in other sites HTHS is 3.5..and i dont trust motul.
but i can run a bmw ll01 oil too...now motul doesnt have outside the bottle an aproval for bmw on x cess 5-40..but there is one in x cess 5-40 gen 2.which didnt came out yet.
motul also lies about many specs.they advertise as 100% synthetic but they are not anymore not since 2014.well they can use the term because they can after castrols trial.they also lie about their hths and tbn.

motul has a hype here in europe as much as LM. mobil 1 and castrol are always classic brands with a lot of customers.but i am not a fan boy.

so lets say that from what i learnt here..i want an oil..

which is better for my engine a bmw ll04 or bmw ll01?

bmw approval ll04 or bmw ll01 choosing according the manual from 0-30 -0-40 5-30 5-40

mb 229.5 or 229.51
porsche a40 or porsche c30
vw 502/507

synthetic based oil , part of it pao or and some esters
HTHS above 3.5
tbn around 8
viscosity ,a heavy 30 , over 12
noack around 6-8%
low oxidation

not so expensive like the US oils ,redline,torco,amsoil

any suggestions?
Again, numerous topics on exactly the question you asked: LL01 or LL04.
Also, many members here lived in Europe, and I am from there. So, we understand climate, driving habits etc.
All oils you mentioned would work in your car. But in EU, BMW wants you to use LL04 in gasoline engines since 2009. There are no conditions in Greece that would require any specific oils short of tracking vehicle.

Again, numerous topics on exactly the question you asked: LL01 or LL04.
here we go again..i am not asking which one,i am telling you i can run one or the other,to make easy for your suggestion. Popsy got that!
Also, many members here lived in Europe, and I am from there. So, we understand climate, driving habits etc.
glad to hear that.may i ask where ? just for conversation...
All oils you mentioned would work in your car. But in EU, BMW wants you to use LL04 in gasoline engines since 2009.
yes ,it has to do with low ethanol in fuels, low saps oils and more stringent norms for the environment and the catalyst converter. but i can run within the European union only oil with ll01 and high saps since my engine has the approval and the specs.newer vehicles from 2012 i think they cant,only llo4.
There are no conditions in Greece that would require any specific oils short of tracking vehicle.
i dont think i got you on this one.what do you mean? which oils are that ? what kind of? an example?

Total Quartz 9000 5W40 Energy

Can you get that? That was the cheapest MB 229.5 approval/BMW LL01/Porsche A40 I could find back in the day. I'd use that and call it a day.

Edit : I may have skipped something, is the engine direct injection or port injection?
than you for your suggestion! my engine is DIRECT INJECTION, i forgot to mention it on specs.

well that oil has good specs but its a good one mineral based oil..almost as good as my castrol 5-30 m although its different. but not partly pao based or ester..
i think its a trend companies to cheat us..synthetic but not pao or ester as they claim..

i think most of the 5-40 are not made from pao or ester based oils, wright?
in my country costs more or less than a castrol,on the cheaper price..

i think that if i want an oil with the specs and approvals that i posted and pao or ester based oil then might be a 0-30 or 0-40.. although is not sure like motul 0-40 x max that my friend suggested which according its msds its mineral based..

and i thought it was quite funny why motuls guiding choice tool tells me to choose x max 0-40 for the first 120.000 and then suggests a 5-30..isn't it 0-40 a thicker one? i learned that first we go with the thinner one and then when tolerances or bearings are old ,we choose a thicker 40..why motul does the opposite?

than you for your suggestion! my engine is DIRECT INJECTION, i forgot to mention it on specs.

i think most of the 5-40 are not made from pao or ester based oils, wright?
in my country costs more or less than a castrol,on the cheaper price..
Direct injection, I would skip that Total. I don't know much, but there is certainly a little something added to the group III base to make it pass 229.5, A40, LL01, etc.

Looks like you are after the very best oil...this was discussed at length previously, but then maybe you could find something suited in the Ravenol range. Something with low NOACK.
But as it was already said, in all honesty, within LL01/LL04 oils, just pick one and call it a day.

its not that hard to !!! some members paid attention to what i write! i entered a list of specs! thanks for your help..you helped enough! and i mean it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back