Most miles in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 miles from Las Vegas to here. About 18 hours. Stopped and napped in Idaho about hour and half.. Smoked Utah since about 2/3 is that 80mph limit so I was doing around 90. That helped.

1438 from Omaha to MA. In less than 24 hours. About 23 hours if I remember correctly. With less than half bottle of five hour energy and one small coffee.

1300 miles in a 65 mph (governed) truck. I swore I would never do that again. We now have e-logs, so the temptation isn't there anymore anyways. About the most we can do now legally is just under 700 miles if all goes well.

In my early 20's, I drove from Appleton, WI to Las Vegas while only stopping for gas and food and a quick 2 hour nap somewhere east of Denver. 28 hours and 1,820 miles in a 1996 Sunfire GT.

In my late 30's, I drove from Appleton to St. Pete's Beach, FL. Again only stopping for gas and food and a quick rest somewhere in TN. 25 hours and 1,400 miles in the current A6.

6 weeks from now, I will be taking the whole family to Disney, so another overnight road trip of 24 hours and 1,250 miles. I must be out of my mind! At least the kids will have a tv to watch and play wii on.

1350 miles from Bath, Me. to near St. Louis. Did that in 1966 when the nation was under an airline strike. No cruse control

900 miles from here to Gainesville, Fl. 6-8 times.

1100 miles or so from here to Albuquerque, NM.

Last edited:
I drove from collingwood ontario to saskatoon sask in 26 straight hours of driving. Exceeding the speed limit significantly the entire way.

I rode my harley from saskatoon to kelowna only stopping for fluids and the toilet. I bought a mustang seat for the ride home. The stock seat sucked.
My street Bob is surprisingly comfortable on long rides. Highway pegs help to the point I was kicking back loving it.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
6 weeks from now, I will be taking the whole family to Disney, so another overnight road trip of 24 hours and 1,250 miles. I must be out of my mind! At least the kids will have a tv to watch and play wii on.

Have a safe trip, it's one I've done three times now with the family. Route : Rockford - Bloomington - Champaign - Effingham - Paducah - Nashville - Overnight in Murfreesboro - Chattanooga - ATL - Macon - Then I-75 the rest of the way.

Gasbuddy usually indicates gas prices being a little 'cooler' around Effingham, Murfreesboro, and Macon, which worked out nicely to our particular fuel stops...

Right around 1000.

I try to avoid doing this when possible, but sometimes you just want to get home rather than have another night in a hotel. I always pull into the garage regretting the decision to push it.

In my younger days I would regularly drive from south Florida to Long Island straight through by myself. Now I limit myself to 14 hours or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first. Of course, now I can afford decent hotels.

1436 kms ( 892 miles ). Left after working all day, packed the car, shoved off around 3 am, slept for an hour on the side of the road, arrived at my destination around 9:45 pm. I stopped for 2 meals, and snacked on gas station munchies.

I also did a 'stuka' run which was leave on Friday at noon, then back at work Monday morning... having traveled 3978 kms round trip. ( 2471 miles )

I've done 1,200 or more from Atlanta going to Colorado pulling a Casita travel trailer. I averaged about 50 mph and go about 13.5mpg.

In college 902 miles from Ft Collins CO to St Louis MO in my 88 Jetta GLI 16v(no cruise control
frown.gif
)

Only two stops for fuel/pee/food, I managed average speed of 70MPH and 25MPG in that high revving car(75MPH=4000rpm!)

I drove from cousins to aunt's direct to save hotel. Next leg was St Louis>Fishkill NY in one day to see a college female friend(
smile.gif
!!!)

I remember the oil changed just before. Castrol 20w50 was summer weight!

1250 miles in about 18 hours - suburbs of Seattle to suburbs of Los Angeles. My brother drove all the way in a new Datsun 510. Interstate 5 all the way.

Rome, NY to Sacramento CA (2750 miles)

Kissed my girlfriend goodbye at 9:30 am on a Friday and arrived in Sacramento around 3pm on Sunday. That is about 54 hours running for an average speed around 50 miles per hour. I did this in a '69 corvette which got about 11 miles per gallon. I stopped for sleep twice in those 54 hours for a total of about 8 hours. Minus the sleep hours, it looks like I averaged about 60 miles per hour while awake.

That was a grind...

I did 1400 miles in 23 hours straight through. Like others have said, I will never do it again. I intended to drive the full 1625 miles, but when I started to get drowsy, I got a hotel and did the last 225 miles the next day. I slept all day and started in the evening so I could do the night driving while I was most awake, and then have the daylight to keep me awake later. I work nights, so that's normal for me. It worked pretty well. It was in a rented 2012 caravan. I liked the driver's seat at first, but after 18 hours I really hated it, and after 23 I just despised it and needed out. It I still get uncomfortable riding in Caravans. I made almost the same distance trip, but with two drivers and a 2010 Impala. I was never uncomfortable in the Impala. Even sleeping in the front seat was better than driving that van.

Originally Posted By: Gigabyte1

I also did a 'stuka' run which was leave on Friday at noon, then back at work Monday morning... having traveled 3978 kms round trip. ( 2471 miles )

You did that without any destination in mind, just to see how far you could go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back