Most miles in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 is about the most I've done, a few times.

The most recent was Syracuse NY to NYC, and back. Got back at exactly 24 hours after I left!

That includes walking around all day.

The other 2 trips:
Syracuse NY to Brattleboro and back.
Fridericksburg VA to Utica NY

920 miles to laramie, wy where wife goes to pharmacy college, 13 hours straight, stopped for gas/food/restroom all together, twice.

Last edited:
Most I have ever done in one trip was Estes Park Colorado to Granbury, TX this past Thanksgiving Day...854 miles It was a beating!

Last edited:
1425 miles in 28 hours.

Drove overnight from Chicago to Atlanta. Had a 2 hour meeting. Meeting was not ideal for me. Didn't want to sit in a hotel by myself or go to a bar in the current mood. Drove straight back. Hugged wife. Went to bed.

1200mi about 15 yrs ago with a dodge ram passenger van full of family. A non stop trip, super uncomfortable and no way to rest or sleep. We took turns driving from state to state. I remember how bad the van felt on the road.

More recent we usually take a trip up to Niagara falls from Boston every few yrs, about 450mi.

I love road trips as long as I've got the radio, someone to talk to, no traffic and I get to rest somewhere along the way.

Bowl games and Spring Break in college were the longest for me. 900 miles from Blacksburg, VA to Miami, FL a few times ( trips done in a CRV, 4Runner, and Saturn S-Series).

Something like 800 miles in a day - 12-13 hours of driving.

The miles weren't that bad but this was Thanksgiving Day ~3am - Black Friday ~2am with Thanksgiving dinner with the in laws in between.

We did cross-country in about three days, so thats a decent run.

I suspect that this blizzard of the century is going to be like every other one - a chance to sell advertising.

832 miles Georgia to Texas in a beat to [censored] rental moving truck - 26' Penske fully loaded with furniture. Non stop approx 16.5 hours - most of it straight down I-20 through deep south, some of the scariest and hardest driving I have ever done. Back in the day in large cars we'd do Chicago to Fort Lauderdale easy non stop with 2-3 drivers. Chicago to Denver non stop with 2 drivers. Nowadays I have a serious high end luxury car but can't drive more than 3 hours without everything hurting.

Last edited:
1103 miles in 19.5 or so hours pulling a 20' gooseneck trailer from Weatherford, Texas to Summerfield, Fl. It was a long day for sure and pulling a trailer definitely adds to the agony of a long trip. Would have been a bit shorter trip but wrecks on I-10 in Louisiana made it longer(can't just turn around with the elevated highway and all).

Last edited:
Miami to DC - 18 hours in a 1985 Corolla. There was no cruise-control, and my foot kept cramping.

I swore then (1990) that I'd never own another car without CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back