More ugly Purolator filters PL20195 PL10241

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to agree. I don't like the idea of there being tears or potential for tears in the filters. How does that translate into a lawsuit, though? If it were to cause damage to my engine and Purolator refused to pay, then I'd have to sue. If a tear didn't lead to issues, what can be done about it? I can yell at Purolator for selling it, or not fixing the issue, or not giving me free filters, but how would their liability go beyond the price of that one filter?

Originally Posted By: Garak
If a tear didn't lead to issues, what can be done about it? I can yell at Purolator for selling it, or not fixing the issue, or not giving me free filters, but how would their liability go beyond the price of that one filter?

Tell them by not buying their product anymore.

That part goes without saying. I'm certainly waiting until I see evidence that things are better. But, I'm not about to bother a lawyer over an oil filter I removed over a year ago that might potentially have a tear for a car that didn't know the difference.

Originally Posted By: Garak
That part goes without saying. I'm certainly waiting until I see evidence that things are better.

I'm anxious to see what the pleats looks like next to the seam on Purolators made in the near future. Hoping the spacing and V-spread is better than the ones we've seen with media tears. If so, then my bet is Purolator fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back