Mobile 1 + liquimoly mos2 + wix

So against my will, our family now has pretty much a fleet. A 2007 Honda odyssey and a 2008 Toyota tundra both with nearly 200,000 miles, a 1950 Chevy that has an 80s small black, and my wife's classic 1992 Toyota a Crown Majesta from Japan.

Every car has their own combination of stuff, but I want to put together a "package" that surpasses everything I am currently doing and apply it to all vehicles.

Currently, the tundra gets mobile one and a Toyota filter. The odyssey gets mobile one or quaker full syn and a wix

A Crown Majesta gets genuine Toyota motor oil any genuine Toyota filter.

The Chevy gets conventional 10W-30 and sadly whatever filter is cheap

I was thinking Mobile 1, liquimoly mos2, and wix for all the cars. Maybe just wallyworld conventional for the Chevy since that motor is toast anyway.... but still the molly and the wix

is this a good combination in all of your experience? If not where can I improve? I get my liquids at Walmart and I get wix at $5-7 each delivered through my commercial arrangement.

thank you all

I would probably just use a halfway decent synblend 10W30 in all of them, at 200K+ they're broken in enough not to need "thin" oil any more! Go easy on the LM, it has a tendency to fall out of solution and collect in the pan.

Shoot might as well just stick with mobil1 and wix - though I do wonder about wix vs genuine Toyota. Further, I wonder if it's wise to do full synthetic in a 30 year old 2jz that's got 36,000.

nevertheless. Good to know the mos2 can settle out

Good catch on the spelling ha. You caught me using my phones dictation.

Walmart ST filter and St full syn is like $20. Wix and mobile 1 is $30. Not worried about the $10 just want the motor to be the last thing to go in these cars

I agree with the oil only. Skip the additive. I would not worry about using a synthetic in a thirty year old motor. I have been using synthetics since the early 80’s.

Watch out for the oil from Birmingham AL or Huntsville AL, or Montgomery AL....

Those oils are really not good. Those are like the oils made in Chicago... They have no additives and actually have silicon in them already.

If it from Mobile .... It's safe/ good oil.

fair enough. I'm amazed how cheap Mobil 1 actually is. So I'll roll with that.

so wix vs genuine Toyota filter? Curious on that

I appreciate this

Probably the easiest "fleet" oil recommendation would just be plain Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 syn blend in all the cars and change it at 5K or so intervals.

Curious about Which is better (wix/Toyota)

I've been 5,000 on full syn actually!
Which Wix?

Bottom line what’s most important about an oil filter is the filtering efficiency. That’s how you compare oil filters, unless there are no gross mechanical defects in the construction the one job an oil filter has is to filter.

Toyota doesn’t publish their filtering efficiency, what is it for the Wix you are considering?

Personally it's all a bit silly. All of your engines will be just fine and live long lives on supertech 5w-30 or any 5w-30 like pennzoil platinum, quaker state or better yet that new valvoline extended protection since its got 300ppm of moly and an overall pretty stout add pack. They claim like 6 or 10x better protection but that's marketing gymnastics. It's got no mention of extended drain so I guess I wouldn't go over 10k

In terms of the filter an orange or blue Wally can is perfectly fine for all of them. Id go with the fram if it's the 3.88 it's supposed to be since it filters better than $10+ mobil and bosch's

Watch out for the oil from Birmingham AL or Huntsville AL, or Montgomery AL....

Those oils are really not good. Those are like the oils made in Chicago... They have no additives and actually have silicon in them already.

If it from Mobile .... It's safe/ good oil.
Pennsylvania oil is better

I would probably just use a halfway decent synblend 10W30 in all of them, at 200K+ they're broken in enough not to need "thin" oil any more! Go easy on the LM, it has a tendency to fall out of solution and collect in the pan.
Why would they need thin oil?

Back