Mobil1 0W-20 oil choices per driving needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In warranty I follow the manufactures recommendation on viscosity and API/ACEA ratings with an OEM oil filter. Once our vehicles are out of warranty I switch them all over to M1 0w-40 Euro with FRAM Ultra Synthetic oil filters. I figure it's a good quality oil that covers the bases across all viscosity ranges and is reasonablly priced when on sale. Most vechicles I run 7,500 mile OCI. It just makes my life so much easier with having six cars/trucks in the family.

Originally Posted by wagsrk08
I'm the original owner of a 2012 Toyota Tacoma SR5 base cab 2.7L 4X4 5-speed manual transmission truck. 85,500 easy miles due to I don't go off road, tow or carry heavy loads, and mostly highway miles. I'm ready to start doing my own oil changes since I'm fed up with my dealers shenanigans. My owners manual states to use a 0W-20 synthetic oil which I have since purchasing new. I prefer to use Mobil1 products due to convenience of purchasing locally and brand past experiences.

After researching Mobil1 0W-20 synthetic oil, man do they have so many choices to choose from in this weight: Advanced Economy, High Mileage, Extended Performance, Truck/SUV and so. I plan of changing my oil at least once a year and no longer than 10,000 miles as recommended by Toyota. Any Toyota Tacoma 2.7L engine owners out here that have one choice they prefer use? Should I use a high mileage (75,000mi) choice since I'm above that mileage? Looking forward to hear your preferences. Thanks.

See signature.
I have logged 850k miles on 2TR FE engines.
This is a no brainer.
M1 EP 0W20.
10k mile OCI.
Walmart 5qt jug.
Be methodical.
Hope this helps.
I love the 5 speed.
You could really boogie, if you wanted to, eh ?

I appreciate all the positive feedback. Thanks. I mixed it up due to in 4,500 more miles I'll have 90,000 miles on the truck, and I'll be starting 1 year or 10,000 mile oil changes. So for this short period I chose the lesser priced Mobil1 Advanced Economy 0W-20. Then went ahead and purchased two 5qt jugs of Extended Performance (15,000 oil change) 0W-20. Which ever way I look at it my engine will be well protected. When I changed the oil this morning I went ahead and used a factory Toyota filter. Again, thanks for the input. Maybe @100,000 miles I'll send a sample in for analysis. Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by wagsrk08
2012 Toyota Tacoma SR5 base cab 2.7L 4X4 5-speed manual transmission truck. 85,500 easy miles

Advanced Economy, High Mileage, Extended Performance, Truck/SUV and so.

Looking forward to hear your preferences. Thanks.

Is your head spinning from all the answers yet?

I say you get a quart of each, and mix them all into your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back