Mobil 1 FS 0w40 has bmw longlife 01 again

i know about saps , but as many said LL01 has more additives(aiming more to protect the engine) and/or different ones from LL04 (aiming more fuel economy and efficiency).
Not really, LL-04 and LL-01 are pretty equivalent, LL-04 aiming to provide better compatibility with exhaust after treatment systems.

Not really, LL-04 and LL-01 are pretty equivalent, LL-04 aiming to provide better compatibility with exhaust after treatment systems.
i know about that compatibility .and i know they are equivalent..just checked lubrizol tool and found an older post from edy:

I just got back from Bosnia. My brother found 2004 Mercedes E220 cdi for cheap and got it just because. Has 367,000 miles using these ACEA C3 oils with lower-SAPS. Still hits some 220km/h on the highway.
So, do not worry about anti-wear additives. The question is: which anti-wear additives? Do not forget, A40 and C40 have to pass same performance testing.
great car.!! close friend of mine has one . i like it so much! so there are differences in anti-wear additives.

by the way,in lubrizol tool, first time i use it, there are for example mb 229.52 or Porsche c30 or vw 504 from different years that are more stringent between them. so how do we know which one is the latest in the bottle? has to do with the latest oil ,if its new on the market or does any other spec combined assures that ,API for example?

Last edited:
i know about saps , but as many said LL01 has more additives(aiming more to protect the engine) and/or different ones from LL04 (aiming more fuel economy and efficiency).
LL04 must meet the same performance requirements as LL01. Both have a min HTHS of 3.5 btw. I think what goes on with LL04 is that blenders end up using more friction modifiers so they sometimes include fuel economy in their advertising.

View attachment 153571
if its LL01 yes. from what i see on lubrizol, if its LL01 (2018) its a bit better on deposits and wear than LL04. and that goes to my previous question :

"by the way,in lubrizol tool, first time i use it, there are for example mb 229.52 or Porsche c30 or vw 504 from different years that are more stringent between them. so how do we know which one is the latest in the bottle? has to do with the latest oil ,if its new on the market or does any other spec combined assures that ,API for example?"

Both oils have same fuel efficiency requirements. Both have same minimum HTHS.
I yet to see wear difference between two oils. LL04 bcs. different additives is also more expensive to make.

LL04 must meet the same performance requirements as LL01. Both have a min HTHS of 3.5 btw. I think what goes on with LL04 is that blenders end up using more friction modifiers so they sometimes include fuel economy in their advertising.
Στιγμιότυπο 2023-05-01, 3.33.51 μμ.jpg

if its LL01 yes. from what i see on lubrizol, if its LL01 (2018) its a bit better on deposits and wear than LL04. and that goes to my previous question :

"by the way,in lubrizol tool, first time i use it, there are for example mb 229.52 or Porsche c30 or vw 504 from different years that are more stringent between them. so how do we know which one is the latest in the bottle? has to do with the latest oil ,if its new on the market or does any other spec combined assures that ,API for example?"

View attachment 153571

Read disclaimer: don’t compare specifications!

View attachment 153572

BMW updated all their certs in 2018. You're not comparing LL04 (2018) to LL01 (2018)

I seems like Mobil 1 5w-30 ESP Euro is the new ticket.

I currently have the equivalent Motul 5w-30 XClean+ in my sump, but the problem is the Motul 5 L bottle and 1L bottles don't fit well in the USPS Large flat rate box for returning to FCP euro. Which does diminish the return value when you're having to use 2 boxes.

That said, it's a no brainer for maintenance items and replacement parts still.

i run the Motul 5w-30 XClean+ but i wasn't' t too satisfied with it after 6000 km. i have the same opinion about Mobil 1 5w-30 ESP Euro. lets hope its good !
my OCI is this month.although i do changes about 8-9000km if i wait for it it will be about 12.000km early July. maybe, with the info i have from the official European mobil. do you thing its wise to wait for it? if i do i 'll have to fill more of the oil i have .otherwise i must do the OCI and do the next one after summer.

i run the Motul 5w-30 XClean+ but i wasn't' t too satisfied with it after 6000 km. i have the same opinion about Mobil 1 5w-30 ESP Euro. lets hope its good !
my OCI is this month.although i do changes about 8-9000km if i wait for it it will be about 12.000km early July. maybe, with the info i have from the official European mobil. do you thing its wise to wait for it? if i do i 'll have to fill more of the oil i have .otherwise i must do the OCI and do the next one after summer.
Or you can take Silja Line to visit Finland,you will find it in almost every store, or just go to Motonet store 😃

What don't you like about the Motul?

My 6-cyl B58 feels like it enjoys it more than the LL-01 5w-40 that was in there previously, but the B58 is so smooth it's hard to tell.

i read the topic https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/mobil-1-new-life-0w-40.147818/

is this new life the same with US one we discuss here?
i found some cans spread through Europe online shops like that one:

wanted to be sure.
some stock cans left in good prices

in another description said ( PAO - Poly Alpha Olefins) TriSynthetic and praised its cleaning properties.
high saps though for my DI engine. 1.3%

how old is this?
No that is old.

This is the current SP 0w40 MSDS.

1683112379581.jpg

There is a UOA of 0W-40 API SP somewhere around here. The additive package didn't change much, except for lower Ca and the addition of Mg. However, when you mess with the detergent package, you also mess with the tribo-film. I wouldn't be surprised if Mobil added ANs to compensate for the lower Ca, as Ca is also a friction reducer. Also, if you add AN and reduce the detergent package, you get more out of less ZDDP. That's how Triple Action is formulated.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/another-explanation-of-motor-oil.368412/#post-6477833 :ROFLMAO:

Back