Mobil 1 ESP: Good for extended drain intervals?

I'm not too familiar with the 2.5L but as long as it doesn't have any well documented issues, your Camry will be just fine with SuperTech or Kirkland branded oil for an OCI of one year with those few miles travelled.

I'm not too familiar with the 2.5L but as long as it doesn't have any well documented issues, your Camry will be just fine with SuperTech or Kirkland branded oil for an OCI of one year with those few miles travelled.
Agree, but the man likes Mobil 1.

My whole fleet is being transitioned to M1 5W30 ESP. Easier and cheaper than what I have been doing. My issue is I just got to work and it is -15F. No telling how cold it will get but It will be colder in 12 hours. I really like Red Lines cold pumpability, it looks to be about the best with the documentation I have seen. It is twice the cost of the M1 ESP. This is not insignificant when you service as many vehicles as I do.

My whole fleet is being transitioned to M1 5W30 ESP. Easier and cheaper than what I have been doing. My issue is I just got to work and it is -15F. No telling how cold it will get but It will be colder in 12 hours. I really like Red Lines cold pumpability, it looks to be about the best with the documentation I have seen. It is twice the cost of the M1 ESP. This is not insignificant when you service as many vehicles as I do.
What’s the difference in pumpability between RL 5W-30 and ESP 5W-30?

I was concerned about how well it would work with the fuel here, but it seems like that's not a problem. I'll keep an eye out for a sale and grab enough for a change, which I'll do when the EP is gone. Tks!
I use ESP in Tiguan and EP in my Toyota. EP is returning excellent UOA.

I do these extreme cold soak starts multiple times every winter. Just because a car may start with 10W40 at 30 below doesn't make it a good practice. The Red Line is a free flowing fluid at 30 below, others less so. I realize the pumpability test has nothing to do with pouring from a container but If oil will pour freely it is going to pump also.

I do these extreme cold soak starts multiple times every winter. Just because a car may start with 10W40 at 30 below doesn't make it a good practice. The Red Line is a free flowing fluid at 30 below, others less so. I realize the pumpability test has nothing to do with pouring from a container but If oil will pour freely it is going to pump also.
So do Castrol 0W30 and 0W40 as well as Mobil1 0W40 are all having pour point around -60.

They might still make ESP Formula in France for Euro market, not sure. For North America we get the USA made ESP version now. Still very good oil.

Bro I think you’re worrying too much. Check out this guy. https://www.thedrive.com/news/29982...miles-on-its-original-engine-and-transmission

Guarantee you he wasn’t worried about running the “best” oil. Mobil 1 ran their regular synthetic formula in a Camry to 500,000 miles and the car had little to no wear. These days, even supertech is a superior oil.

Back