MOBIL 1 ESP 0W-20 DEXOS D

Ya I couldnt make it work shopping the Billerica store either. You need 7 quarts I think. How many miles you have on her, straigh six TD sounds like a cool powertrain. More torque than a 454 big block
We have about 11,000 on it now and positively love the thing. I can't pry my wife out of it. Last year, on a trip to Pennsylvania, we got 30+ mpg going 80 mph with the AC on. We average about 27 MPH typically. I had a 96 Suburban with the 6.5 diesel in it and just got rid of it last year with over 300,000 on it.

We have about 11,000 on it now and positively love the thing. I can't pry my wife out of it. Last year, on a trip to Pennsylvania, we got 30+ mpg going 80 mph with the AC on. We average about 27 MPH typically. I had a 96 Suburban with the 6.5 diesel in it and just got rid of it last year with over 300,000 on it.
I'd be interested in seeing a 3.0L Duramax get 300k on 0w20, considering how FCA went 5w30 & 5w40 on the EcoDiesel.

Did you set all of it for store pick up or was one or more items ship to home, the oil change bundles seem to only apply if you pick up in store.
My order is shipping to my house, the oil deal applied either way. (Free shipping too!)

So they are now recommending 0w-20 for the miniMax? All while still recommending 15w-40 for the 6.6.. . Hmmmmm

So they are now recommending 0w-20 for the miniMax? All while still recommending 15w-40 for the 6.6.. . Hmmmmm
Dexos D has only been 0W-20. Only oil GM recommends for my 20202 LM2. GM has/had an approved 5W-30 but never brought it out. Mobil 1 Dexos 2 5W-30 appears to have fit that bill but now Mobil 1 removed the Dexos 2 rating from their 5W-30 ESP oil. I prefer the heavier oil in the summer when towing a lot.

Dexos D has only been 0W-20. Only oil GM recommends for my 20202 LM2. GM has/had an approved 5W-30 but never brought it out. Mobil 1 Dexos 2 5W-30 appears to have fit that bill but now Mobil 1 removed the Dexos 2 rating from their 5W-30 ESP oil. I prefer the heavier oil in the summer when towing a lot.
The DexosD spec was updated at one point to add a low HTHS 5W-30 (ACEA C2) to the spec, but I don't think I've seen any products with the approval yet.

Did you set all of it for store pick up or was one or more items ship to home, the oil change bundles seem to only apply if you pick up in store.
No I had it shipped home for free. The only catch was I paid Mass. sales tax instead of NH no tax but free shipping more than made up for the $4 tax. I would have spent that on fuel.

The DexosD spec was updated at one point to add a low HTHS 5W-30 (ACEA C2) to the spec, but I don't think I've seen any products with the approval yet.
I donwloaded GM's spec before deciding to run Mobil 1 ESP Dexos 2 5W-30 in the summer. I can see why Amsoil states their 5W-30 is acceptable for Dexos 2 and D applications. I prefer Mobil 1, though. Unfortunately, Mobil 1 dropped the Dexos 2 labeling on their ESP 5W-30 but I don't think the formula has changed.

I donwloaded GM's spec before deciding to run Mobil 1 ESP Dexos 2 5W-30 in the summer. I can see why Amsoil states their 5W-30 is acceptable for Dexos 2 and D applications. I prefer Mobil 1, though. Unfortunately, Mobil 1 dropped the Dexos 2 labeling on their ESP 5W-30 but I don't think the formula has changed.
Can you please post the details of the dexosD license? I have never seen it. Thank you.

My oil and filter deal was delivered yesterday. Some pics:
IMG_1247.jpegIMG_1248.jpegIMG_1249.jpegIMG_1251.jpeg

Back