Mobil 1 12qt spigot box from Walmart

If it was found in store and taken to checkout, the entire box will scan for the listed price for 1 qt, no override needed. It's really only the service centers that was supposed to handle these 6-gal packs.

Definitely buy it if it's still there.
You will find none of these in my Walmart store. In fact I'm sure its bad management at my Walmart store that is closing it the end of this month and 147 jobs are going away. They also don't carry Havoline or SuperTech in the box a order on line item only!

Mobil suggests a five-year shelf life.

It would be 3yrs before I even started using it and wouldn’t finish it in car, mowers (push/rider) for 7 yrs…. Maybe I’ll get it and take it to the firehouse to encourage some of those “no change needed” guys to at least service their $70k trucks…. It amazes me the difference between my maint on a $17k Sonata and their “proud” lack of on $70k trucks….

You will find none of these in my Walmart store. In fact I'm sure its bad management at my Walmart store that is closing it the end of this month and 147 jobs are going away. They also don't carry Havoline or SuperTech in the box a order on line item only!
I've seen a 6-gal Castrol GTX HM once in the clearance section of my closest WM back in maybe 2015/2016. But they were smart enough to block out all of the barcodes on it and stuck a yellow clearance sticker at $70, close to the same per quart price of the regular 5 qt jugs.

But I did order a 6-gal GTX 5W20 online at WM for $5-6 once by mistake - I thought it was 1 qt bottle and bought it to meet minimum to get free shipping. They shipped me a 6-gal box of motor oil...

I like the 12 qt boxes the best. Thick cardboard box for storage and it doesn't seem to push out the box seams as the Havoline 6 qt SmartChange packs sometimes do.

Last edited:
The saga ends…. It’s gone…. It’ll go to the firehouse tomorrow…. Other items redacted, CIA style, G-14 classified…
10605D82-BACD-4B42-BEFC-26197A4E5CBC.jpeg
4B3AE082-566C-499E-AB8D-792360694C14.jpeg
5A565EC7-32C0-422B-B07A-784555687906.jpeg

I bought on of these and didn't find it very useful. Sounds good until you use it.
Price isn't that much of a difference. Right now I seen it at my local Walmart for $60. 5 quart jug is 24.47. Not that much difference.
I found it necessary to have a pitcher to measure out the oil. Easier to look at the marking on a 5qt jug.
I found the spout seemed to drip on occasion. Turned the box up on its side later to store it.
It's 12 quarts, what good is that? All the vehicles I change oil in hold about 4.5-5 quarts. So that's only 2 1/2 oil changes. Ended up buying 2 overpriced oil quarts for another oil change. Went back to 5 quart jugs.
I could see these being useful if you have a large engine or diesel or a tractor or something that holds 12 quarts or so on an oil change.
If you want bulk, and recently discussed in another thread, you buy from Amazon and Walmart oil in 3 packs or 6 pack or even 12 pack bulk of 5 quart jugs.
Also, I've only seen these 12 quarts boxes in Mobil 1 full synthetic. Not the EP or high mileage, or any of the advanced quality full synthetic oil from other manufacturers.

I bought on of these and didn't find it very useful. Sounds good until you use it.
Price isn't that much of a difference. Right now I seen it at my local Walmart for $60. 5 quart jug is 24.47. Not that much difference.
I found it necessary to have a pitcher to measure out the oil. Easier to look at the marking on a 5qt jug.
I found the spout seemed to drip on occasion. Turned the box up on its side later to store it.
It's 12 quarts, what good is that? All the vehicles I change oil in hold about 4.5-5 quarts. So that's only 2 1/2 oil changes. Ended up buying 2 overpriced oil quarts for another oil change. Went back to 5 quart jugs.
I could see these being useful if you have a large engine or diesel or a tractor or something that holds 12 quarts or so on an oil change.
If you want bulk, and recently discussed in another thread, you buy from Amazon and Walmart oil in 3 packs or 6 pack or even 12 pack bulk of 5 quart jugs.
Also, I've only seen these 12 quarts boxes in Mobil 1 full synthetic. Not the EP or high mileage, or any of the advanced quality full synthetic oil from other manufacturers.
This was a 24qt box for $5.94. 6 gallons. I ended up bringing it to the Station for “whoever wanted to shadetree their car” on a weekend….

Back