Mobil 1 12qt spigot box from Walmart

I just picked up one of these. They must be bought online and picked up. They're not on the shelves. But the price per quart is significantly less than the 5 qt jugs, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The price difference is over $1 per quart. I did do some research and found that it works best if you have a measuring container larger than your sump capacity. Then you just pour from the spigot into the container and pour the full amount from the container into the oil filler cap. My only concern is getting the last of the oil out when you reach the end. Anyone else use these that can share any words of wisdom?

BTW, it looks like the oil I got (M1 HM 5W30) is rated SN+. There is no API star on the box, just this:
87602834-00E9-4B3F-A703-F1186024B6E1.jpeg
279F779D-4BE9-44BE-91DB-8D2C87BDF70B.jpeg

I bought eight of those in the 5W20 flavor for $12/ea.

I dispense into an empty spare 5 qt jug (ironically, Mobil 5K 10W30) and it works well.

To get the last of the drippings out, I pull the bag from the box and hang the bag into a jug with duct tape on a metal shelf.
Works p!ssah.

I don’t know why you would have to have that large of a pitcher. A cheap two quart pitcher should be sufficient and easier to handle and pour.
I don't *have* to have that large of a pitcher, but it would be nice to be able to pour the exact sump capacity in one go, rather than refilling a smaller jug multiple times or stopping several times to check the side of the jug to make sure you don't overfill. I thought it would be more efficient.

Here's the jug:

I don't *have* to have that large of a pitcher, but it would be nice to be able to pour the exact sump capacity in one go, rather than refilling a smaller jug multiple times or stopping several times to check the side of the jug to make sure you don't overfill. I thought it would be more efficient.

Here's the jug:

There ya go then.

My local WalMart has two viscosity grades on the shelf for $50 - the 0W-40 and 5W-20. It's a heck of a good deal if it's your flavor.

The two quart graduated pitchers are less than $2 at Walmart. Works for me.
Still requires multiple fill-ups. I'm curious how my 8qt will work. In mind is one of my vehicles that takes 6 qt. I'll see how easy it is to pour 6 qt in one shot. I'll get a chance to use it in late March/early April when that car's oil change is due.

The Walmart's in my area (4 of them) carry the Mobil 1 multi quart box, but none of them have ever carried the Havoline boxes. Those I have to order on line for home delivery.

*Use a clean , recently saved 5 qrt. oil jug to use with the 12 qrt. box of oil ?
That's what I will do with the 3 M1 HM 5W20 boxes I got last year for $22-$20 rebate on each one (thanks, relatives!)-I even have an M1 HM 5W20 jug! It even has the window with the quart graduations on the side!

Back