Mobil 1 12qt spigot box from Walmart

Maybe less plastic waste but one wonders how much of this will find its way to a recycling center.

Here's the 8qt jug I bought to use with this. It's got 1qt tick marks on the side, so it should be fairly easy to pour out a sump capacity. My three cars have sump sizes of 3.5qt and 6qt, so this will work easily for all my vehicles.
A1144384-0875-423D-A8D4-FE88B0B06813.jpeg

Local NC Walmart has a 24qt box M1 full synthetic 5W-30 on the shelf and Walmart app scanned it at $5.97, then something about service use only. This Walmart doesn’t have an auto service center attached. It was a mis-delivery. I’m tempted to get it and have a lifetime supply of mower oil for $5.97…. If I didn’t just buy 3 oil changes worth of Amsoil I’d have snagged it instantly…. Tomorrow is a new day, question is, does oil have a shelf life, or can I snag this and use it in the future? Like 3 yrs from now? I’ll try to get a screenshot of it tomorrow, but automotive section stockman, Ray, said he’d sell it at the $5.97 on the app….

Local NC Walmart has a 24qt box M1 full synthetic 5W-30 on the shelf and Walmart app scanned it at $5.97, then something about service use only. This Walmart doesn’t have an auto service center attached. It was a mis-delivery. I’m tempted to get it and have a lifetime supply of mower oil for $5.97…. If I didn’t just buy 3 oil changes worth of Amsoil I’d have snagged it instantly…. Tomorrow is a new day, question is, does oil have a shelf life, or can I snag this and use it in the future? Like 3 yrs from now? I’ll try to get a screenshot of it tomorrow, but automotive section stockman, Ray, said he’d sell it at the $5.97 on the app….
I'd buy that in a heart beat

I'd buy that in a heart beat
Me too, but I’m sure even synthetic oil has a shelf life, right?!?! It’s not a deal if I can’t use it…. Sure not going to waste Amsoil or M1, and I just bought 3 oil changes worth of Amsoil, and wife’s 4Runner is 0w-20 and I haggled lifetime synthetic oil changes into purchase…. Mower uses 1.75qts, and pressure washer is .8qts…. I’d never be able to use it at a rate greater than 7yrs at least…. Maybe switch mower to bi-monthly changes? Hahaha… I’ll update tomorrow if I grab it

Found it in my Walmart app recently viewed or continue shopping whatever…. But this is it. It’s supposed to be for in store oil changes only, but this store doesn’t have the auto center…. I may do it for $hits and gigs….

I use the Supertech Syn box oil and it's a great savings. I just refill an old 5qt oil jug and use that. There is hardly any waste - they drain pretty good to the last drop.

Did you see where it says $5.94/qt ?
Yeah, when I asked Ray if he’d sell it, he said he’d override it to $5.94…. It only says that in the description, the final cost at bottom is a straight $5.94 and is what came up without a quantity request on register. I should’ve just done it, but I was concerned with shelf life or possible separation/precipitation of solution…. It’s the HazMat tech/IC coming out in me. Then there’s the whole, “waste” aspect of “if I can’t use it before shelf life expiry”, it was a waste of $5.94 not a savings of anything…

If it was found in store and taken to checkout, the entire box will scan for the listed price for 1 qt, no override needed. It's really only the service centers that was supposed to handle these 6-gal packs.

Definitely buy it if it's still there.

If it was found in store and taken to checkout, the entire box will scan for the listed price for 1 qt, no override needed. It's really only the service centers that was supposed to handle these 6-gal packs.

Definitely buy it if it's still there.
Is there a shelf life associated with this oil type (synthetic)…. If I drop the money on it, though only $6ish, I’d hate to waste it before I could use it all…. Unless anyone on here is mid NC region, I’ll give location if y’all want to grab it…. I’m not selfish…

5w-30 High Mileage is not energy conserving and therefore will not receive the API certified seal of approval.
I have a 5qt container M1 EP 5W-30 HM and a 5qt jug of M1 EP 5W-30 and they each have the same API approval logos on them.

I think Mobil said something like 5 years. Valvoline said motor oil do not expire.

I don't think motor oil expires; if it has been sitting a long time then give the container a good shake before use. API S certifications do become obsolete though; I wouldn't pour SG oil made in the 1990s in a new 2022 car that calls for SN/SP.

Buy it, and if you don't see yourself ever using it then you can always sell it to someone who will.. it's good oil.

Is there a shelf life associated with this oil type (synthetic)…. If I drop the money on it, though only $6ish, I’d hate to waste it before I could use it all…. Unless anyone on here is mid NC region, I’ll give location if y’all want to grab it…. I’m not selfish…
Mobil suggests a five-year shelf life.

Back