Mobil 1 10w40 High Mileage w Lucas High Mileage Oil Stabilizer in C4 Lingenfelter 383 Corvette

652 miles on the oil sample, 101992 miles on the car
Although the oil contaminates are low in this oil sample your wear rates are quite high. 12.2699386503 ppm on Fe is on the high side. I think 15w-50 would be a good purchase with this beast. We don't know how much wear these engines take, over the long haul, because too many of them suffer from low mileage or other events.

Also, Don't rule out using a diesel/gas rated 15w-40 oil that comes with a better additive package. Pardon my ignorance but is this is a stroked TPI 350 5.7L? These C4's are what I saw on the road growing up as a youngin' & made me really like them. As a matter of fact I was going to buy a C5 version about 14 yrs ago but It was going to be my daily driver. I ended up buying a 300 HP 1998 Cadillac Eldorado ETC instead.

Last edited:
Although the oil contaminates are low in this oil sample your wear rates are quite high. 12.2699386503 ppm on Fe is on the high side. I think 15w-50 would be a good purchase with this beast. We don't know how much wear these engines take because too many of them suffer from low mileage or other events.

Also, Don't rule out using a diesel/gas rated 15w-40 oil that comes with a better additive package. Pardon my ignorance but is this is a stroked TPI 350 5.7L? These C4's are what I saw on the road growing up as a youngin' & made me really like them. As a matter of fact I was going to buy a C5 version about 14 yrs ago but It was going to be my daily driver. I ended up buying a 300 HP 1998 Cadillac Eldorado ETC instead.
Lol wut?

M1 filter does not use full synthetic media. But, M1 definitely charges like it does. Its a blend. You can get a blend in a One or Toughguard at a better price if you want blended media.. So, you are simply paying for my quarterly dividends and I do appreciate it.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter​

Best oil filter overall runner-up​

A trusted brand when it comes to oil and filters, this extended performance oil filter from Mobil is well-suited to vehicles with longer oil change intervals. The Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter's media is made from a synthetic fiber that has a 99.6% efficiency rating and a 28-gram capacity, which is double the amount of most other oil filters. It can also withstand up to 9x the normal system operating pressure up to 615 Pascals. It has a silicone anti-drain back valve to prevent dry starts and comes in a variety of sizes to fit multiple vehicles.

Although the oil contaminates are low in this oil sample your wear rates are quite high. 12.2699386503 ppm on Fe is on the high side. I think 15w-50 would be a good purchase with this beast. We don't know how much wear these engines take, over the long haul, because too many of them suffer from low mileage or other events.

It’s not meaningful to calculate wear rates with this short of an OCI, unless you also pulled a sample after right after the oil change, and a short drive - that way you’d know how much of the wear metals were inherited from the prior oil that it’s impossible to drain all of. Wear rate calculations become more valid the longer the OCI or when comparing similar normal OCIs.

That best oil filter link is a useless meaningless garbage from a useless website.
This is accurate and it disproves your M1 gripe “Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter's media is made from a synthetic fiber that has a 99.6% efficiency rating and a 28-gram capacity,”

The capacity is PN dependent and useless marketing verified or stated by who? with what parameters?

Our synthetic blend media oil filters

The capacity is PN dependent and useless marketing verified or stated by who? with what parameters?

Our synthetic blend media oil filters
Are you referring to the 99.6% efficiency of the M1 vs the Wix’s 50% efficiency at the same 30 micron level?

I also cut the M1-201A Extended Performance Filter open during this oil change. Here’s a short video of how it looked:

This is accurate and it disproves your M1 gripe “Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter's media is made from a synthetic fiber that has a 99.6% efficiency rating and a 28-gram capacity,”
It's not a synthetic media filter, it's a blend media (synthetic fibres blended into the cellulose to improve its performance). Mobil says as much right on their website:
Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 1.59.26 AM.jpg

Ppm of 12.26993865037560971345689341789931689993269938650312345781953789326931456894325789932678937282829289932111147999543388990094322278994467778….

Utilizing the nuclear hydrogen bomb testing method with nano diamond like color fluorescent coloration with hybrid ceramic organic elemental distillation processing…

Extraordinarily accurate… Leave no doubt about it. :LOL:

It's not a synthetic media filter, it's a blend media (synthetic fibres blended into the cellulose to improve its performance). Mobil says as much right on their website:
View attachment 146862
If it’s removing 99.6% of contaminants, does it matter what the media is?

With oils synthetic blend = lower protection level. With filters this synthetic blend seems to result in among the best filtration efficiencies.

Back