Misheard song lyrics

It's possible, too, that his problem in feeding the many offspring was exacerbated by defective footwear: You picked a fine time to leave me, loose heel. 🤔
1609602371031.gif

This was not my personal experience, but was told me by a very credible co-worker, so I took it as true.

This fellow's friend is at a wedding social, and wants to hear a certain song, so goes up to the DJ and requests "Slow-talkin' Walter".

DJ: "Uh, I don't think I know that one, sir."

The friend: "Sure ya do! Everyone knows it! They play it all the time!"

DJ: "Uh, well, can you sing or hum a few bars?

The friend: "DUH DUH DUH, duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh, DUH DUH!"

DJ: "Yessir, I'll play "Smoke On The Water" for you."

The most frequently misunderstood song lyrics I can recall, is from Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light".

My Sister STILL thought the lyrics were: "Wrapped up like a douche, a roamer in the night" She sang exactly that a couple years ago when the song came on the radio.

I told her: You do know he's singing "Revved up like a Deuce, another runner in the night". I had to explain what a Deuce Coupe was...

:rolleyes:
That’s OK, I thought it was:
Just like a Douche and a rumour in the night.

Scorpions - Still Loving You : "So strong that I can't get through" heard as "Ce soir j'ai les pieds qui puent" which in french means "Tonight i have stinky feet".

Metallica - The Unforgiven : "New blood joins this earth" heard as "Nous battons des oeufs" which in french means "We're beatting eggs".

AC/DC - "Dirty deeds done dirty cheap" heard as "Dirty deeds thunder Jeep".

These are my favs.

The king of misheard lyrics has got to be Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

It's been misheard as

Don't go around tonight
There's a bathroom on the right.

And of course sometimes I can't figure out what Michael Jackson is saying, like in Billie Jean, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, or Bad.

When I was in Vietnam we had a small transistor radio to listen to
Armed Forces radio. We loved the Buckinghams song that started, “Canada Dry, when your baby don’t love you”.....

Made more sense when I found out it was ”Kind of a drag”!

The king of misheard lyrics has got to be Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

Don't go around tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise

It's been misheard as

Don't go around tonight
There's a bathroom on the right.

And of course sometimes I can't figure out what Michael Jackson is saying, like in Billie Jean, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, or Bad.

Smooth criminal aswell.

And the all time mis-heard lyric...."Sweet Dreams are made of these" by The Eurythmics. It is actually "Sweet Dreams are made of THIS," believe it or not!
Yep heard that song a lot growing up and always could never guess what was the right one. Also speaking of the Eurythmics...

A catchy and favorite song of mine from the mid 90s that was overplayed to the point that i could remember it on the radio from the age of 2. The only part of the lyrics i could recall was the "Doobie doobie do do do... ahh" that played in the background. Needless to say about 15 years later, i rediscovered the song watching Beavis and Butt head and looked up the song lyrics after finding out the name of the song. I did find out in fact the actual lyrics are "Do be do be do do do oh".

Back