Misheard song lyrics

“Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you”. Correct lyric: “Every time you go away take a piece of me with you” from Paul Young’s ‘Every Time You Go Away’.
-------------------------------
“We built this city on sausage rolls”. Correct lyric: “We built this city on rock ‘n’ roll” from Starship’s ‘We Built This City’.
-------------------------------------
“Saving his life from this warm sausage tea”. Correct lyric: “Spare him his life from this monstrosity” from Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’.

-----------------------

“It doesn’t make a difference if we’re naked or not”. Correct lyric: “It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not” from Bon Jovi’s ‘Livin’ On A Praye

How about "Hotel California?" I used to think one of the lines was, "warm smell of coitus rising up in the air." As a little kid in the 70s I never knew what to make of that one.

Adele's 'Send My Love (To Your New Lover)'

Actual lyrics:

Send my love to your new lover Treat her better We've gotta let go of all of our ghosts We both know we ain't kids no more

I used to hear "Jeans are better" and "gotta let go of all of our clothes." 😆

Passport1, you beat me to it! After almost 60 years of hearing Louie Louie, I still hear “that word” every time I hear that song. All my buddies heard it also....of course we were 12 years old at the time. :eek:

Early 1976 ... C. W. McCall bursts onto the scene with Convoy, creating a new genre of CB songs. After hearing it, my sister asks me what "a short-fuse smacker-bus" is. :unsure:

Who will be the first BITOGer to translate?
LOL I completely forgot about that song! I never misinterpreted it though...the words are a little vague but the "Eleven long-haired friends of Jesus" cued me that they would be in a chartreuse microbus!

Was a Christmas song by some chior I heard when I was young , swore they were singing " Barney google...Barney google...with the googly eyes"

And that one part of the B52's song "Love shack" that know one knows what she is singing/saying....it's "tin roof....rusty"

Last edited:

Number_35

Was a Christmas song by some chior I heard when I was young , swore they were singing " Barney google...Barney google...with the googly eyes"

And that one part of the B52's song "Love shack" that know one knows what she is singing/saying....it's "tin roof....rusty"
I give up ... what are the real lyrics to the Barney Google Christmas song? 🤔

I give up ... what are the real lyrics to the Barney Google Christmas song? 🤔
OK , took me a bit of research to find it.....

Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Hallelujah Chorus​

When they sang hallelujah I heard Barney Google....hahaha . This is before I was probably 10 years old.

Now , there actually is a song called Barney Google with the googly eyes if you do a search , it was from way back so I don't know if I heard it as well ??

Number_35

OK , took me a bit of research to find it.....

Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Hallelujah Chorus​

When they sang hallelujah I heard Barney Google....hahaha . This is before I was probably 10 years old.

Now , there actually is a song called Barney Google with the googly eyes if you do a search , it was from way back so I don't know if I heard it as well ??
Nicely played! I'll have to tell my wife, who is a huge fan of Handel's Messiah (in contrast to her uncultured husband).

I believe there was a novelty song about Barney Google back in the day, just as there was one about Alley Oop.