Michelin Hydroedge P215/55-16 availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Michelin Hydroedge tires being discontued or just certain sizes being eliminated? I am trying to get one Hydroedge P215/55-16 UPC 91T to replace one that has a non-repairable edge of tread nail hole. I purchased 4 of these tires about a year ago and have 19,000 miles on the set. Now need to replace the one tire and the two local tire dealers say they can no longer get this size. Any thought on where to get one Hydroedge tire this size? The tire is a UPC 91T and a UTQG 800 AB. If I cannot get the exact size and UPC 91T replacement do I need to replace 2 together to keep the same tires on the same axle? Thanks Slick

They are being discontinued for the Defender.

You can buy one here:

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/michelin/215%252F55-16+michelin+hydroedge+91t+bsw.html

how worn are they.. I'd cringe at replacing one tire on an axle.. but then again I have a subaru....

OP said 19k miles on current tires, with tread wear of 800 I think the current tires are worn down about 2-3/32". I think the least worn of the 3 should be on the rear along with new tire.

Critic

Thanks for the link. They did not have the P215/55-16 size in stock. They checked with Michelin as well with no stock remaining. Curent information is some sizes are still available but not the size I need. Thanks for the help.

Slick

Rand, HTSS, and Critic

19,000 miles with some wear and the fact I cannot get a exact replacement Hydroedge I am going to replace both rear tires. I agree and am concerned that mixing different performance tires on the same axle could cause a handling issues. If I could have found the same brand/model tire I would likely have just put the new tire on the rear with the lowest wear old tire. Now I just need to determine what two tires to buy. The Michelin Defender is not avaible in the 215/55-16 size. Dealer said he can get Michelin Primacy MXV4 in my size. My concern it is a UPC 93H versus the Hydroedge that will be on the front UPC 91T. Possibly I am being to concerned about matching the UPC specification between front and rear tires.

Thanbks for your help

Originally Posted By: Slick
Are the Michelin Hydroedge tires being discontued or just certain sizes being eliminated? I am trying to get one Hydroedge P215/55-16 UPC 91T to replace one that has a non-repairable edge of tread nail hole. I purchased 4 of these tires about a year ago and have 19,000 miles on the set. Now need to replace the one tire and the two local tire dealers say they can no longer get this size. Any thought on where to get one Hydroedge tire this size? The tire is a UPC 91T and a UTQG 800 AB. If I cannot get the exact size and UPC 91T replacement do I need to replace 2 together to keep the same tires on the same axle? Thanks Slick

They are being phased out (and iirc Harmony) for the Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back