Mercedes Ended Lease Early--No Catches

The dealer paid the 7 months of payments to the finance company.
Do they actually do that part too ? I realize a dealer and the finance company have no legal connection but I wonder if they're able to end the lease early and not need to pay the remaining months. Then again, they're doing the math knowing what the residual cost + remaining payments vs what they should be able to sell it for are and they're not going to lose money or not sell it for "x" amount over their costs.

Actually, it can.

The dealer group I used to work for had a MB dealer. Heard several AMG horror stories. Best was one customer who bought a used AMG ML in Montreal, driving back to Ottawa (about 200 km away) and the engine seized en route. Price tag to replace was just north of $100k, or more than double what he paid for the vehicle. He abandoned it at the dealer.

Was an expensive drive home.
Oh yeah, pricing can get crazy in other countries. I think in Australia, the prices are almost double for cars in general and are higher in other countries just due to taxes. Seems like the cheapest cars are in the US, largest market and not as many taxes, fees. I was referring to average US prices.

Back