Mens after shave

These products are absolutely supposed to burn like fire.
If your aftershave is burning like fire, then you're shaving wrong. You should be able to get a nice, smooth finish without tearing yourself up. That can happen because of a dull blade, too aggressive of a razor or razor setting if adjustable, too much shave pressure and so on. Aftershave should just be a blast of cool.

I've honed my technique and equipment over the years and now rarely get the stinging, burning sensation from alcohol based aftershave - and I have very sensitive skin on my face.

None. The best that i have found to use after shaving is jojoba oil. It has no scent. Chemically, it mimics natural skin oil and has it's own vitamin E. The Spanish discovered this in America after realizing the people here were using jojoba oil to treat light skin wounds and brought it to Europe. It cures and heals, which is a good idea after you just scraped your skin with a blade.

I do use Old Spice, Canoe and English Leather(originally called Russian Leather, which i think they should call it again) but i put it on the t-shirt, not the skin. I pull the v-neck t-shirt away from me and put it there. With a couple of top buttons open on your shirt, believe me people will smell it there.

The only time i've ever used fancy, flowery smelling colognes has been when a particular GF has bought it for me because she likes it. I tend to hate them. Having said that, i have often found that what women want or tell you what they want from you and the reality of what they are usually attracted to, can be two totally different things, just like when women are actually attracted to scoundrels.

This is what real men use.
IMG_3068.jpeg

Some people would be better off using a good mouthwash to be honest.

Perfume/cologne doesn’t annoy me, but bad breath does.
Most mouthwashes, at least alcohol-based ones, destroy the good bacteria in the oral cavity, causing or contributing to dry mouth, bad breath, and gum disease, alter the ph level, and affect the immune system negatively. If the mouthwash is fluoridated it can negatively affect thyroid function. Mouthwash does not correct poor oral hygiene. Bad breath is often a function of the sugary foods most people eat. Much of halitosis is caused by bacteria feeding on sugar. Chewing a clove is an alternative to mouthwash. It has some antibacterial properties. Clove oil has been used by dentists for over 100 years.

I had the worst breath ever after a dinner of bagna calda, roasted garlic chicken, and a slice of muffuletta pizza, followed by garlic ice cream at The Stinking Rose a few years ago. They locked me out of the office for three days!

Last edited:
Most mouthwashes, at least alcohol-based ones, destroy the good bacteria in the oral cavity, causing or contributing to dry mouth, bad breath, and gum disease, alter the ph level, and affect the immune system negatively. If the mouthwash is fluoridated it can negatively affect thyroid function. Mouthwash does not correct poor oral hygiene. Bad breath is often a function of the sugary foods most people eat. Much of halitosis is caused by bacteria feeding on sugar. Chewing a clove is an alternative to mouthwash. It has some antibacterial properties. Clove oil has been used by dentists for over 100 years.

I had the worst breath ever after a dinner of bagna calda, roasted garlic chicken, and a slice of muffuletta pizza, followed by garlic ice cream at The Stinking Rose a few years ago. They locked me out of the office for three days!
They should try Closys.

If that doesn’t work, gargle with some of that WD-40.

In all seriousness, I like DOLCE & GABBANA, the one.

Last edited:
Duke Cannon aftershave, only on days I shave my head.
My wife says it makes me smell like an old man though ( I'm 37).😆

My first cologne (not borrowed from dad’s Old Spice stash) was “Preferred Stock.” This was in the mid-90’s, and because a girl I knew said it was a good one. I was in 7th grade. I also liked the fragrance and recently bought some again. For aftershave, I first bought Afta, because that’s what my dad had. It worked well and was easy on my skin. I really appreciated it because my parents would only buy me cheap disposable razors that would leave my less-than-smooth teenage face pretty roughed up. In college I was on a country kick, and used Stetson cologne and aftershave. Back around 2006/7, I was dating a woman who bought me Paris Hilton for Men and Armani Mania colognes. Both were pricey, but nice. Those are “fancy night out” colognes for me. Just out and about I’ll wear CKone or Nautica, and when at work… my stash of Dollar Tree knockoffs of “One Million” by Paco Rabanne.

Also… it was brilliant marketing by Gillette to send me a Mach3 razor for my 18th birthday. Later they sent me a 5-blade fusion but I switched back to the 3 blade because it’s easier to clean.

“ In all seriousness, I like DOLCE & GABBANA, the one. “

This is what I have and use.

My first cologne (not borrowed from dad’s Old Spice stash) was “Preferred Stock.” This was in the mid-90’s, and because a girl I knew said it was a good one. I was in 7th grade. I also liked the fragrance and recently bought some again. For aftershave, I first bought Afta, because that’s what my dad had. It worked well and was easy on my skin. I really appreciated it because my parents would only buy me cheap disposable razors that would leave my less-than-smooth teenage face pretty roughed up. In college I was on a country kick, and used Stetson cologne and aftershave. Back around 2006/7, I was dating a woman who bought me Paris Hilton for Men and Armani Mania colognes. Both were pricey, but nice. Those are “fancy night out” colognes for me. Just out and about I’ll wear CKone or Nautica, and when at work… my stash of Dollar Tree knockoffs of “One Million” by Paco Rabanne.

Also… it was brilliant marketing by Gillette to send me a Mach3 razor for my 18th birthday. Later they sent me a 5-blade fusion but I switched back to the 3 blade because it’s easier to clean.
Loved Preferred Stock and Nautica as well. Drakkar and Polo were my go-to for many years.

Now I don't use aftershave but my cologne now is Obsession for Men.

Back