Mens after shave

It was locked at first. Guess it’s gone now. Didn’t see anything going down in the thread except one member saying someone was back which I don’t think is true.

If we are talking about after shave I rarely use any cause I like the smell of my shaving gel but I use Aqua Velva Musk or Mennen Skin Bracer.

It was locked at first. Guess it’s gone now. Didn’t see anything going down in the thread except one member saying someone was back which I don’t think is true.

If we are talking about after shave I rarely use any cause I like the smell of my shaving gel but I use Aqua Velva Musk or Mennen Skin Bracer.
I thought you were covered in scruffy overgrowth.

I have used the cheap blue bottle Afta for decades. It moisturizes and soothes, doesn’t make me break out like some do and my wife likes the smell (which is mild and doesn’t linger too long).

I do however pamper myself with Prorosa shave soap, fantastic stuff!

The primary purpose of aftershave is medicinal. The scent is secondary. Admittedly, I rarely use it, but if a scentless one was available I might buy it.

What happened to the posts about after shave that was posted last evening??? Did it go bad overnight??? I see it has been deleted..
There was a thread on “Favorite Men’s Fragrance” that ended up being primarily the self indulgent rumination of one member, interspersed with back and forth bickering.

It wasn’t worth saving.

I generally don't use after-shave, but I did use Williams Lectric shave pre-shave to hack off a couple months worth of beard, today. I was starting to get random strangers handing me change, when heading into the local grocery store...

I was told I easily look 3 months younger...

The primary purpose of aftershave is medicinal. The scent is secondary. Admittedly, I rarely use it, but if a scentless one was available I might buy it.
Witch hazel is an antiseptic and an astringent. It has a slightly funky odor. Bishop's Bridge makes a witch hazel-based facial toner that works well as an aftershave. They have lightly scented and unscented varieties. Consider that shaving strips off the corneum, the outermost protective layer of the skin.

Last edited:
There was a thread on “Favorite Men’s Fragrance” that ended up being primarily the self indulgent rumination of one member, interspersed with back and forth bickering.

It wasn’t worth saving.

Favorite men's fragrance thread leads to self-indulgent rumination and back and forth bickering? I thought that sort of behavior was reserved for the "thick vs. thin" or "Manufacturer bashing" threads. :unsure:

Wow. :ROFLMAO:

This was a real retail product in stores about 15 years ago, before his TV show and recent events. Smelled very nice, like newly printed money. It was quite unique, people liked it and came up and asked what I was wearing. I used this until I ran out. I can’t get it anymore. I saved the bottle which I’m told is rare - the bottle not me saving it.🤷🏼‍♂️

1705935226243.jpeg

I never use After shave. Is it really just for electric shaver use?
I remember long ago when I used it after an electric shave;
In fact I think it was called Lectra shave, or something!
Anyway, back then I thought it was SUPPOSED to BURN LIKE FIRE!! 🥵

Back