Mechanic shop or Honda Dealership in Oceanside, CA?

My grandnieces got an appointment in Oceanside; Tatiana just graduated from the Marine Corps and is staying close to Camp Pendleton for numerous reasons.
I service her 2013 Civic LX but I am now 400 miles away...
Time for an oil change service; I hate Quickie Lubes but they can work. Honda dealerships do a nice inspection, but the newbies do the oil changes...
A mechanic shop might be a good idea; she could even bring her own oil and filter.

I would appreciate any experience in the the Oceanside area.
Her twin sister has a 2015 Corolla strippie; she generally takes it to the dealership when I cannot do it.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I stored her Civic in my back yard when Tati was stationed in Kuwait...
1667438393524.jpg

Just an FYI. A quick "YELP" search provides a handful of highly rated garages that do more than oil changes including major repairs.

I would agree first hand recommendations are more reliable.

I would teach her how to DIY.
That's a work in progress. Plus Oceanside is 400 miles from Silicon Valley.
I will see them at Thanksgiving and we are all going to a 49er game in December.

My goal is their education, including personal finance.

I would check the ratings of local independents and Honda dealers before going to a quick lube. I'm not saying all of them will, but I've seen too many instances where quick lubes have upsold things to clients (especially female) that were questionable. One of my female coworkers approached me about how a quick lube told her she had to buy a new oil pan because it was leaking on a car that was basically brand new. I took a look at it and you can tell johnny oil change tech just hammered down with the impact on the drain bolt and used about half a can of RTV to try and cover it up.

Congrats on her graduating!

The car is nothing special no offense. I’d pick whatever most comfortable and let them use the oil/filter .

Nice thing about Civics is almost any mechanic has seen one or can work on one. That was reason I picked up Acura ILX for 16 year old daughter.

The car is nothing special no offense. I’d pick whatever most comfortable and let them use the oil/filter .

Nice thing about Civics is almost any mechanic has seen one or can work on one. That was reason I picked up Acura ILX for 16 year old daughter.
There is that small, nonzero chance that a dumb kid or lube jockey will find a way to screw up such a simple service no matter how good the actual shop may be. DIY or die.

There is that small, nonzero chance that a dumb kid or lube jockey will find a way to screw up such a simple service no matter how good the actual shop may be. DIY or die.
This is the very reason for my thread. Cost is important; quality work is more important. And quality tends to be the best price over time.

I would buy some ramps and do the oil change myself, I know it will get done correctly.

My daughter in law has the same car, easy to access the oil filter.

Back