Mechanic praise, they do no wrong

The scotch brite cleaning has already been done, gotta love the blowing out the inlet ports. Who cares if a valve is open right?

See that at the 11 minute area. And wow this is the guy that never uses a torque wrench now he does.

Vacuuming would have been better. I do enjoy his channel very much but have taken a break the past few months. I take it you dislike him, other then that is this thread supposed to be a northstar appreciation topic, or what exactly?

No dislike here. Just another over rated youtuber mechanic. I would not want him ruining my stuff, doing the many bad practice things he does. I'm wondering when that project comes back with a leak here or there? Maybe he'll luck out, seems he does on most projects.

I enjoy him overall but for stuff like this, no.

I still wonder if he edited comments? I didn't look THIS time but LAST time it came up there were near zero complaints about the Scotchbrite around an open engine. Knowing the internet, I'd expect a huge uproar in the comments

No dislike here. Just another over rated youtuber mechanic. I would not want him ruining my stuff, doing the many bad practice things he does. I'm wondering when that project comes back with a leak here or there? Maybe he'll luck out, seems he does on most projects.

I don't know you but if you are that thorough, I want to say I appreciate that work ethic.

I enjoy him overall but for stuff like this, no.

I still wonder if he edited comments? I didn't look THIS time but LAST time it came up there were near zero complaints about the Scotchbrite around an open engine. Knowing the internet, I'd expect a huge uproar in the comments
I thought I saw one or so when it was fairly new, but then it could have been removed later. Oh not just around engines but open rear ends and what ever else that should have no grit. It would be fun to check flatness on some of those butchered surfaces.

Reactions: D60
I don't watch him anymore. He is a butcher. He had a vehicle with CV axel boot seeping and ordered a new axel. When he couldn't get new axel he went on vacation and left customer. Wouldn't just replace boot. Last one broke me. He put an oil cooler in a Caravan and used a hammer to set in place, cause as he stated, Dorman orings are slightly larger so you must drive it home sometimes.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
Back