McDonald's menu 1972

The quarter pounder I had yesterday had 2 slices of cheese. The only time you could taste the burger part, was when I ate around the edges. the center was a gooey mess that tasted like fake cheese. If you ask for only 1 slice of cheese be ready for a scowl.
Yep, MCDS does NOT like change.
My friend orders her 1/4 Pounder with 1 slice of cheese. They always tell her she's going to pay the same price with 1 slice or 2.

I didn’t know they had those back then. A chocolate shake with a shot of espresso coffee is quite the thing these days.
I always SMH when I go into Albertsons with a Starbucks in it. I sometimes hear the yuppies ordering some kind of coffee that takes them almost a minute to describe the 10+ ingredients they want in it. Then they pay $8+ for it. I wonder if they do that every morning?

I hate dating myself but, I can remember when you could order a regular burger, small fries & a small drink for ~$1
Or a burger & fry and get change back from your dollar.
I mean, that wasn’t enough for my appetite but is was good for kids.👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

That's pretty cool. The current going rate for a BM or QPC around me is $4.99.

The app gives away so much food there, it's hard not to use it. ;)

After HS, before the Army, my friends and I would "Burn the forest down!" Afterwards we would get the munchies and go find a White Castle. I would order 10 sliders, eat them, order another 10, and eat what I could from that. "IF" there were ANY left they went home with me to eat for breakfast.
Thank God those days are very far behind me!
I love food and WISH I could still eat like that. Back in the day, I didn't need "medicinal help" to eat and burn off calories like that.

Big Mac prices around the world.

3DC18CEB-8C1C-41AE-92D5-278AD22C58BE.jpg
B268151F-F61C-4753-A92F-63C2C0482181.jpg
1B9D48F5-4500-435E-871C-43101DDF6C5F.jpg

Big Mac prices around the world.
Charts like that, especially for countries as large as the US, are so inaccurate. A Big Mac sandwich only costs $3.99 here vs the $5.81 that graph shows. Where does a Big Mac sandwich cost $5.81 (and higher, since that's an "average") ? That suggests Big Macs cost almost $8 somewhere in the US.

1/4 pounder with cheese, large fry and large coke was are go-to burger while stationed in Guam. :cool:

T
Charts like that, especially for countries as large as the US, are so inaccurate. A Big Mac sandwich only costs $3.99 here vs the $5.81 that graph shows. Where does a Big Mac sandwich cost $5.81 (and higher, since that's an "average") ? That suggests Big Macs cost almost $8 somewhere in the US.
Yes, just checked my Micky D app and I could only get to $3.92 US and that’s with tax. The chart says $5.32 for Canada. Way off.

Don't forget the McCig and McAshtray of the 70's either. I don't smoke but I would go for a menthol and a coffee shake as I watch two 5 years old's settle it like men with their fists over an apple pie.
McAshtray.jpg

I remember as a kid my parents would take us kids to McD's for special occasions like getting good grades on our report card. At the time Burgers were 15 cents and there was no inside. You walked up to a window to order and ate in your car. They didnt have any 1/4 pounders or Fish Fillets. Burgers, fries, shakes and soda was about it and the sign said over 1,000,000 served. That was early 60's.
I do remember my father mentioning to my mom that it cost almost $2 for 4 kids and 2 adults, but these were the days of nickel allowance's and a choir attached to it.

Hardly ever go to McDonald's. For about the same price, I can go to a small restaurant down the street and get better food, ordered to my specs and made fresh. No old, cold or stale burgers and fries there.

I grew up in a small town. Moved to Des Moines, IA. after graduation for schooling. We hit McDonald's every day for the first week or so, it got old quickly. Did KFC and the others as well. This was 1974 / 1975 and as I recall, a meal was around $2.00

Then we discover a grocery store with a deli. Much better and variety of food, about the same price.

Reactions: GON
Back